Part time and full time opportunities for experienced Staff MIDWIVES An excellent job opportunity to grow and develop awaits for you with my client, Midlands based hospital.
Position: Staff Midwife
Number of positions: 2
Location: Co. Laois
Type of roles available: Full time and part time, permanent
Working hours: 39h/week, day and night shifts
Salary: HSE scale + benefits (pension)
Reporting to: Clinical Midwife Manager 2 or designated officer
Accountable to: Director of Midwifery or designated officer
I am delighted to be assisting my client in their search for a highly motivated Midwife. You will work within a multidisciplinary team in providing a safe, effective, high quality midwifery service to women, babies and their families. You will provide evidence based midwifery care in the maternity department, antenatal outpatient service and community service as the services develop providing choice to women requiring maternity services in the catchment area.
My client is a well-established, acute (HSE) Hospital with the catchment area of five midlands counties. My clients aspires to providing person centred, safe and effective, evidence-informed care; based on teaching and audit whilst supporting staff learning and growth.
With patients at the heart of it all, they provide a wide range of services including Maternity, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Haematology, and other. The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology provides comprehensive services to antenatal; post-natal mothers and women who require gynaecological inpatient and day case procedures.
* Third level degree BSc in Midwifery or Equivalent
* Active registration in the Midwives Division of NMBI (Nurse & Midwife Register)
* You will have previous experience in Labour ward and Maternity assessment unit and Ultrasound Unit (an advantage)
* Have the clinical and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role;
* You will demonstrate sufficient clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence-based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
* You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently
* You will have ability to work under pressure, manage clinical and non-clinical situations and you will have excellent time management skills.
* You will be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties of this post, you will be of good character
* You will speak Fluent English
* Available to take up work asap
What will be expected of you:
* You will deliver midwifery care to women and babies according to best practice / evidence based framework.
* You will practice midwifery in a manner in which the promotion of normality is the philosophy underpinning midwifery care during the preconceptual, antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods.
* You will actively participate as a multi-disciplinary / inter -disciplinary team member in all aspects of service delivery including case conferences, clinical meetings, team meetings.
* You will collaborate and work closely with the patient, their family, the multi-disciplinary team, external agencies and services to facilitate discharge planning, continuity of care and specific care requirements.
* You will provide education and information to the patient, their family as required and be an advocate for the individual patient and for their family.
* You will practice Midwifery according to the Code of Professional Conduct as laid down by ABA/NMBI (Nursing Midwifery Board Ireland) and Professional Clinical Guidelines.
* You will comply with national, regional and local HSE guidelines, policies, protocols and legislation.
* You will work within your scope of practice and take measures to develop and maintain the competence necessary for professional practice.
* You will maintain a high standard of professional behaviour and be accountable for their practice.
* You will keep abreast of the latest developments in midwifery practice as far as possible.
* You will develop and use reflective practice techniques to inform and guide practice.
* You will ensure that records are safeguarded and managed as per hospital's policy and in accordance with relevant legislation.
* You will work closely with colleagues across the integrated services programme in order to provide a seamless service delivery to the client within the integrated services programme.
* You will maintaining professional standards including patient and data confidentiality.
* Full job description available on request
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment, or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
Applying through FRS Recruitment: providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. Our Compliance Officer will provide an additional support and guidance throughout the recruitment process.
#radiographer #Xray #MRI #CT #sonographer #alliedhealthprofessional #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #plainfilm #fluoroscopy #A&E #Theatre #Trauma #midwife #ultrasound