Exclusive new Dispensing Optician / Optical Assistant role working with superb fully independent practice near to Highbury in North London.
Our highly established and passionate client offers exceptional working conditions with diverse product range and client base where you will be given the freedom to offer a personally tailored level of service and recommendations that are bespoke to the individual's lifestyle.
Ideally working on a full-time basis, you should be a highly skilled and capable DO or OA with strong product knowledge and passion optics, ability to take manual measurements, ideally experienced or willing to learn to fit lens into frames on site and be willing to take full interest in the overall operations of the business.
Working with this established and reputable employer you will work principally in a customer facing role assisting with the needs of a diverse client base.
Additionally, you will be working closely with the business owners who will offer you the opportunity to develop a full insight into their business and support towards DO accreditation if not already qualified for a suitably well motivated and committed candidate.
Of paramount importance during your day-to-day activities will be offering in-depth personalised customer service in order to ensure maximum client satisfaction. This is reflected in the practice offering test times in excess of 40 minutes as standard for over 40s to ensure clinical thoroughness, an extensive produce range of both high-end lenses such as Essilor and fantastic range of exclusive frame brands. Moreover, the practice boasts the latest testing facilities including OCT and a loyal team of highly trained optical professionals many of whom have already enjoyed great tenure within the business.
This is an exceptional prospect to be available in the North London currently and we would urge any experienced, capable and ambitious applicants to register interest ASAP to avoid disappointment.
* General DO/OA duties advising and fitting appropriate products deemed most suitable to individual bespoke needs/lifestyle
* Ideally working full time Monday-Saturday (10am-6pm mid-week and 10am-5pm Saturdays) with every Saturday being essential
* Should take keen interest in all areas of business operations and be an involved member of the team who is passionate about the service being offered to the long-standing client base
* High population of children in area so should be comfortable assisting in paediatric services
* Also serve relatively affluent client base so should be comfortable recommending high end products and strong knowledge of Essilor lens is much preferred alongside interest in bespoke designer frames / fashion
Package and Benefits
* If working as an Optical Assistant maximum basic salary is up to £20,000 (NB, Potential funding available towards DO course if not available)
* Maximum salary for qualified DO is £25,000
* 20 days holiday + 8 bank + statutory benefits
* Busy but relaxed working environment with time to spend building lasting rapport with clients and professional freedom guaranteed
* Free parking within 10 minutes' walk of the practice
* Opportunity to learn full operations of this superb independent business
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
* 2 years minimum experience as an OA or DO serving clients on a daily basis
* Should live within 30 minutes commute of Highbury
* Happy to commit to working every Saturday
* Ideally able to work full time (PT may be considered for truly exceptional candidate)
* Strong knowledge of Essilor products is much preferred
* Experience in fitting lens into frames would be of great benefit as would experience in working in fully independent practice
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on email@example.com or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Dispensing Optician Jobs