About the role
Oryon Imaging has established an exceptional reputation within the diagnostic imaging sector throughout the years. We are proud to be the first-choice imaging centre for thousands of reputable practitioners in the field. We strive for efficiency and innovation
A rare opportunity has come up for a Senior Radiographer with strong leadership capabilities to join the Oryon family and take charge of our MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound and DEXA service at Oryon Imaging. Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will manage all aspects of the clinical operation on a day-to-day basis in a professional, safe and time-efficient way. You will be focused on achieving maximum efficiency and identifying opportunities to improve our processes and to streamline the customer journey.
You will be knowledgeable in all clinical aspects, setting standards and empowering your team to continuously strive for professional excellence. You will lead by example, working closely with your direct and wider teams, including Reception, Bookings, Technology & Innovation, Marketing, Business Development and HR & Finance teams, sharing your insight and collaborating in achieving our clinical and commercial goals. You will be a go-to person for clinical input and advice for Oryon Develop and Connect teams.
You will be passionate about our core values to offer accessible, assured and affordable imaging to self-pay patients, and you will support our commercial objectives, working closely with other teams to achieve our vision.
This role is an opportunity to join the company led by innovation and determination to show the way to better health; through the services of Oryon Imaging, Oryon Develop and Oryon Connect.
Operational procedures – safety and efficiency
• Clinical team – recruit, manage, motivate, train and develop Clinical team with an emphasis on providing a safe and efficient service of clinical and experiential excellence.
• Prepare clinical rotas in line with departmental budgets.
• Augment the Clinical team’s collaboration across the business; including Oryon Develop and Oryon Connect teams.
• Duty Manager responsibility on and ad hoc basis; assuming remote decision-making as part of a monthly rota.
• Use commercial awareness to maximise viability of clinical operations.
Governance – CQC, audits, clinical facilities & processes
• Implement, manage, maintain and review the Oryon Imaging Clinical Governance and Local Operational structure, policies and procedures.
• Assist the Centre Manager with CQC requirements.
• Appoint and manage Radiation Protection Supervisor.
• Maintain and manage a Cardiac Arrest and Medical Emergencies procedure, ensuring all team are trained to deal with any such situation.
• Prepare and oversee training for the Clinical team.
• Proactively participate in arranging and running Clinical training for the wider non-clinical team.
• Compile and review clinical audits.
• Participate in the clinical governance quarterly meeting with the clinical governance committee.
• Organise, facilitate and action departmental meetings with the Clinical team.
• Working closely with the wider team, take an active role in contributing ideas for new business development and project delivery. The nature of planned projects includes:
Installation of additional equipment.
PACS & RIS Implementation and development.
Patient / service improvement programme.
External Reporting services.
Building Oryon Connect service.
The ideal candidate will have natural leadership qualities, and excellent decision-making skills. You’ll need good listening skills, patience and the ability to empathise with patients, especially when they might be distressed or worried. You’ll have the ability to plan and prioritise workloads, both for yourself and for your team. A high level of IT competency and strong communication skills are also essential.
You’ll pay attention to detail and take pride in your adaptability, competence and professionalism. Importantly, you’ll be able to exhibit confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness. Above all, you’ll have a strong will to deliver efficiency, aiming for a high occupancy rate for imaging services.
• Degree in Radiography or equivalent.
• HCPC Registration.
• Proven experience in healthcare and patient-focused services.
• Proven experience of successfully leading and managing a team.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in MRI covering a wide range of examinations and applications.
• Good knowledge of MRI physics to ensure ability manipulate sequence parameters and modify technique in difficult circumstances where required.
• Ability to prioritize workload and use initiative.
• Proven awareness of Health and Safety regulations, Infection Control and Clinical Governance.
• Commitment to CPD.
• Previous project management or equipment/systems installation experience.
• Commercial awareness.
• PGDip in MRI or masters in MRI/Radiography is desirable.
• Cannulation Certificate is desirable.
We offer a generous holiday allowance of 27 days and an excellent benefits package including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance and private healthcare cover.
Click on Apply now to write your cover letter and forward your application to Oryon Imaging.
If you require further information you can contact the HR department directly: DCervekova@oryon.co.uk or by phone: 020 7042 1888