ID Medical is looking for a Permanent Radiology Consultant for immediate placement in a private hospital in Bolton. Successful applicants will use their clinical experience to diagnose and treat patients of all ages. Excellent communication skills and the ability to give clear and concise instructions to more junior doctors are essential for this role.
* This job description, together with the job plan, will be reviewed annually and agreed with the chief executive, chief medical officer and clinical director to ensure that it continually reflects the areas of work, clinical responsibility of the post and purchaser requirements.
* The general radiology commitment will include plain film reporting, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, MR and CT work, and will have timetabled commitments in each of those. One or two sessions of a subspecialty interest can be accommodated, depending on the particular subspecialty. A full time contract will include 2.5 programmed activities (Pas) for supporting clinical activities and 0.5 PA for on-call.
* Annual appraisal, participation in clinical audit and continuing professional development are contractual requirements.
* Upon taking up the post, the successful candidate will agree a job plan and work programme, the actual timetable is open to negotiation and will be decided by mutual consent although it will have to dovetail with other consultant commitments. The radiologist's rota currently works on a 6 weekly cycle.
On-call - currently 1 in 8, or less frequent, with prospective cover
* On call tele-radiology is available via laptops.
* First on call until 9 p/m only, after which there is the availability of an out-sourcing reporting service.
* Radiology specialist registrars are second on-call from 5pm to 9pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 9pm some weekends.
* SPA - 3 sessions, one of which can be undertaken off site, activities to be agreed with clinical director.
* The 3rd SPA will be discussed at job plan reviews and would continue as appropriate to the individual consultant's commitments.
* Each radiologist will have responsibilities for teaching, quality assurance and service management within their specialist areas.
All applicants must have experience working in UK hospitals and must be GMC registered.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical:
* ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
* Daily Payroll
* Huge range of permanent and temporary jobs to choose from
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support services
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.