RGN Registered General Nurse Band 5 Paediatric Haematology in Wales United Kingdom via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
***Location: Wales United Kingdom
***Speciality: Paediatric Haematology
***Nurse Grade: RGN Registered General Nurse Band 5
***Duration: Fixed Term / Permanent
***Pay Rate: £Negotiable (dependent on experience £22,128 rising to £28,746) + Overtime Payments
***Start Date: Flexible
***NMC Registration Required (Nursing & Midwifery Council) Essential
*** IELTS (English Language) Essential for overseas qualified professionals
Treats patients who are sick or injured, gives advice and emotional support to patients and their families, provides doctor assistance, and takes care of patient paperwork.
TIER 2 CERTIFICATE OF SPONSORSHIP (formerly Work Permit)
Applications form nurses who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK, we welcome and will consider all nurses with appropriate experience alongside all EU and UK trained nurses, upon appointment the relevant paperwork will be issued to the successful applicant- if required
DUTIES (guideline only)
• Provide care to patients and residents based on their care plan outlined by their doctor
• Accurately monitor and record observations on patients' conditions
• Maintain accurate records of residents care, financial procedures, and medication administration
• Identify care planning needs
• Carry out risk assessment
• Record patients' vital signs and medical information
• Re-evaluate patient care plan as conditions change
• Consult and coordinate with other healthcare team members
• Direct or supervise less experienced nursing staff
• Monitor patients' diet and exercise
• Prepare patients and assist with treatments, surgery, or exams as needed
• Manage stocks of supplies
• Ensure storage and disposal of medication is carried out according to policy
• Participate in clinical improvements and offer ideas on clinical and non-clinical policies
• Assist with the investigation of complaints by patients or family members
• Maintain continuing education and licensing requirements
• Report any issues that arose during each shift
• gain the trust and confidence of each patient
• write patient care plans
• implement plans through tasks such as preparing patients for operations, wound treatment and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature
• observe and record the condition of patients
• check and administer drugs and injections
• set up drips and blood transfusions
• assist with tests and evaluations
• carry out routine investigations
• respond quickly to emergencies
• plan discharges from hospital and liaise with GPs and social workers
• reassure patients and their relatives and be good at communicating with them
• advocate on behalf of patients
• educate patients about their health - this may include running clinics and education sessions on topics such as diabetes, weight loss and quitting smoking- dependant on your area of speciality
• organise staff and prioritising busy workloads
• mentor student and junior nurses
• maintain patient records
• make ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
The salary is based on the national salary scale.
A Fully qualified nurses start on salaries of £22,128 rising to £28,746 on Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change Pay Rates. Salaries in London attract a high-cost area supplement.
Payments for unsocial hours are made to NHS staff
The NHS offers a pension scheme, sickness and maternity benefits. Nurses employed outside the NHS may not have the same terms in relation to pension provision or benefits, but may be offered other incentives such as private health insurance or, occasionally, a company car for senior roles.
Income data from NHS Agenda for Change (AfC) Pay Rates. Figures are intended as a guide only.
Nurse Skills and Qualifications:
Registration as a Registered General Nurse or Similar Qualifications; Current Registration With the NMC; IV Skills, Including Syringe Driver Training and Venepuncture Training; At Least 1 Year Nursing Experience; Experience Recording Accurate Records; Ability to Work as Part of a Team; Supportive and Motivated; Great
Communication Skills; Mentorship Skills; Computer Literate; Ability to Cope in a Crisis; Ability to Demonstrate Ethical Values and Ongoing Professional and Personal Growth; Ability to Work on Feet for Long Periods of Time
****Ability to act part of a team
****Ability to cope with a varying work load
****IELTS English Language (IELTS overall score 7.0 with 6.5 in each module) Overseas qualified
****NMC Registration Essential (Nursing & Midwifery Council) We can provide guidance if you need.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for doctors, nurses & AHP medical professionals.
Call us today on +44 (0)1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your NMC registration to email@example.com You are able to apply online (see below)