Installation Engineer, London / M25 & South East
We are delighted to be working with a global supplier of medical devices, services and solutions that improve quality of life for people with reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. Our client specialises products and solutions for patient handling, hygiene, disinfection, medical beds, therapeutic surfaces, venous thromboembolism (VTE) prevention and diagnostics.
Our client is looking to appoint an engineer to carry out the installation of medical equipment into long term and acute healthcare facilities in the UK & Ireland. This represents an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join an established global medical device brand and become part of a supportive and growing team.
If you are a current Field Service Engineer with medical device service exposure, please contact us to discuss further.
London / M25 area, ideally based within 15miles of Croydon
To survey and carry out the installation of medical equipment into long term and acute healthcare facilities in the UK & Ireland.
* To carry out installation of equipment in accordance with company and installation procedures, whilst seeking to optimize use of time and minimize associated costs.
* To ensure he/she is fully conversant with products working on and company and local health and safety requirements and arrangements so work on customer's premises is done in a professional and safe manner
* To complete and submit all relevant documentation accurately and within agreed timescales.
* On arrival at customer's premises, to inform staff of reason for visit and request permission before carrying out required work. Upon completion of required work, to ensure work area is clean and tidy, disposal of part and chemicals is in line with site instructions and relevant documentation is fully completed, correctly authorized and required copies left with authorizing employee.
* To feedback any recommendations following visits to customers premises, and on an ongoing basis to contribute ideas and observations in a professional manner, that may support ongoing improvement in products and services
* To ensure personal appearance and levels of hygiene and health are of an exemplary standard in keeping with the company's market area and ethos
* To maintain all tools, spares and equipment within his/her care in a safe working condition highlighting anything unsafe to the Installation Supervisor immediately. Any losses, breakages or excess wear and tear should be reported to the Installation Supervisor to authorize Engineer obtaining replacements
* To liaise with coordinator and customer contacts to advise intended appointment times and duration of works to ensure customers are fully informed at all times
* To highlight to senior managers any shortcomings, malpractice or dishonesty contrary to company policies and procedures discovered in the course of carrying out duties
* When required carry out service, repairs, or retro fits to equipment on-service contract in accordance with service procedures or technical advice notices
* Electrically or mechanical qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds 2 / 3, with experience in an engineering discipline
* This role requires previous technical experience in a similar environment
* Knowledge of building and construction materials
* Strong communication & IT skills
* Ability to work on their own or as part of a team
* Knowledge and experience of working in the medical device industry would be beneficial
Desirable Skills / Qualities
* Plumbing knowledge / experience
* Good physical fitness level
* Work at heights (PASMA & IPAF)
* Operate plant machinery (Drilling and cutting materials)
* IT literate and working experience of MS Office & IOS packages
* Good interpersonal skills
* Full UK driving license
Qualifications / Requirements
* City & Guilds 2/3 electronic or mechanical engineering
* Experience as an Installation in a medical setting
What Happens Next?
If you would like to be considered, please use the 'Apply' button and attach your latest CV. Alternatively, talk to us in confidence about this opportunity and other suitable positions by contacting a member of the Medical Devices Division on 01423 850418.
Not the right job for you? Click for more Medical Devices Jobs