Leinster Region Staff Nurse RGN Registered General Nurse Neurology Republic of Ireland via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
*** Location: Republic of Ireland - Leinster Region (Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Longford, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Cavan)
***Speciality: Medicine - Neurology
***NMBI Registration Required (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) Essential
***Nurse Grade: Staff Nurse / Registered General Nurse
***Start Date: Flexible
***Duration: Fixed Term / Permanent
*** IELTS (English Language) Essential
***Pay Rate: £Negotiable (dependent on experience €29,056 to €45,701) + Overtime Payments
*** Exact location (hospital) details provided on application
To work as part of the multidisciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to patients within our clients hospital. The post holder is responsible for managing the care of patients and the needs of their families, ensuring that high quality is maintained.
She/he is required to develop additional clinical skills specific to the area of appointment as mentioned above
Treats patients who are sick or injured, gives advice and emotional support to patients and their families, provides doctor assistance, and takes care of patient paperwork as per departmental needs and service.
The salary is based on the national salary scale. €29,056 - €45,701
PARTICULARS OF OFFICE
• The appointment to this post will be Full Time, Permanent and Pensionable.
• Annual Leave allowance is 24 – 27 days per annum.
• The person appointed must not give less than one month’s notice in writing, of intention to resign.
• Normal working hours will be 39 hours per week.
NURSE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Academic/Professional Qualifications and/or relevant Experience
Registered General Nurse (RGN) with The Nursing Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), or eligible to register i.e. you must be in procession of a decision letter from the
NMBI to undertake a period of adaptation, which must be passed in order to register as an RGN.
Minimum of one year’s experience (post graduate or undergraduate) in General Medical/Surgical nursing in an acute hospital setting within the past 4 years.
*If you trained in the EU or EEA or come from overseas where English is not your first language or primary language, you will need to demonstrate that you completed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Test and achieved an overall score of 7.0. Please attach a copy of the IELTS test report with your
completed application form.
** If you are registered with the NMBI but you have never worked in an English speaking facility for a period greater than 12 months, you will be required as part of the interview process, to complete and pass a short written exam.
DUTIES (guideline only)
A staff nurse is a registered nurse who is involved in direct patient care with the responsibility of providing the highest standard of evidence based nursing care in
partnership with other health care professionals.
• Maintain accurate records of residents care, financial procedures, and medication administration
• The Registered Nurse must adhere to Code of Professional Practice and Behaviours.
• Provide care to patients and residents based on their care plan outlined by their doctor
• Accurately monitor and record observations on patients' conditions
• Identify care planning needs
• Their role is to promote health, prevent disease, and help patients cope with illness.
• Ensure storage and disposal of medication is carried out according to policy
• Carry out risk assessment
• Record patients' vital signs and medical information
• Re-evaluate patient care plan as conditions change
• Consult and coordinate with other healthcare team members
• Responsibilities include assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating highly specialised nursing care, using a holistic approach.
• When providing direct patient care, they observe, assess, and record symptoms, responses, and progress.
• Prepare patients and assist with treatments, surgery, or exams as needed
• Participate in clinical improvements and offer ideas on clinical and non-clinical policies
• They also supervise and assess student nurses and other junior staff in the clinical area.
• Monitor patients' diet and exercise
• Respond quickly to emergencies
• Plan discharges from hospital and liaise with GPs and social workers
• Reassure patients and their relatives and be good at communicating with them
• Advocate on behalf of patients
• Educate patients about their health - this may include running clinics and education sessions on topics such as diabetes, weight loss and quitting smoking- dependant on your area of speciality
• Organise staff and prioritising busy workloads
• Assist with the investigation of complaints by patients or family members
• Manage stocks of supplies
• Direct or supervise less experienced nursing staff
• Maintain continuing education and licensing requirements
• Report any issues that arose during each shift
• Gain the trust and confidence of each patient
• Write patient care plans
• Implement plans through tasks such as preparing patients for operations, wound treatment and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature
• Observe and record the condition of patients
• Check and administer drugs and injections
• Mentor student and junior nurses
• Maintain patient records
• Make ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
• Set up drips and blood transfusions
• Assist with tests and evaluations
• Carry out routine investigations
**The above Role Profile is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
You will be required to work the agreed roster / on call arrangements advised to you by your line manager. Your contracted hours of work are liable to change between the hours of 8.00am - 8pm over seven days to meet the requirements for extended day services in accordance with the terms of the Framework Agreement.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
INFECTION CONTROL & HYGIENE
It is the responsibility of all staff across the hospital to ensure that infection control and hygiene standards are adhered to and maintained at all times.
****Ability to act part of a team
****Ability to cope with a varying work load
****IELTS English Language (IELTS overall score 7.0 with 6.5 in each module) Overseas qualified
****NMBI Registration (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) We can provide guidance if you need- below
****Basic I.T. Skills.
****Basic Life Support Training
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for doctors, nurses & AHP medical professionals.
Call us today on +44 (0)1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your NMBI registration to email@example.com You are able to apply online (see below)