Consultant Obstetrics & Gynaecology / Gynaecologist in Qassim - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Qassim - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Obstetrics & Gynaecology / Gynaecologist Obstetrician
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Obstetrics & Gynaecology to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Qassim Region- Saudi Arabia.
Al-Qassim Region (Arabic: منطقة القصيم Al Qaṣīm [ælqɑˈsˤiːm], also spelled Qassim, Al-Qaseem, Al-Qasim, or Gassim internationally, is one of the thirteen administrative regions of Saudi Arabia. Located at the heart of the country, and almost in the center of the Arabian Peninsula, it has a population of 1,370,727 and an area of 58,046 km². It is known to be the "alimental basket" of the country, for its agricultural assets.
Al-Qassim is the richest region per capita in Saudi Arabia. It is the seventh most populated region in the country after Jizan and the fifth most densely populated. It has more than 400 cities, towns, villages, and Bedouin settlements, ten of which are recognized as governorates. Its capital city is Buraydah, which is inhabited by approximately 49% of the region's total population.
Qassim & Surrounding areas
Al-Qassim province is rich in heritage, nature and traditional crafts. Its geographic location has made it a hub of diverse cultures and a variety of festivals.
Al Qassim is the ideal destination for a short break or weekend getaway. During your visit, you can taste the most delicious dates, explore unique built heritage and appreciate traditional handicrafts. Visiting souks (markets), touring the local museums, and enjoying the beauty of palm groves and fruit orchards, there is plenty to do and see in Al Qassim region.
Enjoy a relaxing getaway to the beautiful orchards in Al Qassim’s countryside where you can unwind and renew your energy in the lush surroundings.
Buraidah City - Here is where your adventure begins. Buraidah is a beautiful city and you will be amazed with its diversity, history and culture. While in Buraidah, make sure to visit Hasat Antarah, the date city and the Buraidah Museum to see the marvelous collection of historical artifacts.
Qassim Festivals - Every season in Al Qassim has a specific festival and a certain occasion to highlight the prominent features of that season. During the summer vacation, for nearly a month, various events and festivals are organized all over Al Qassim. They are found spread in its governorates, held in the markets, museums, public parks, and other locations as per the nature and type of event. These festivals are popular with the entire community, and are attended by women, men and children in large numbers. The most famous events hosted in Qassim are the Buraidah recreational festival, Unaizah tourism festival, and the Al-Mithnib summer festival.
Al Qassim’s desert parks turn more favorable during the winter and spring seasons, attracting desert enthusiasts as well as the locals and visitors who seek recreation and enjoyment in the open spaces and natural environment. These parks host region’s spring festivals that usually fall during the mid-year school vacations. The festival feature multiple activities and events to highlight the festival’s nature and its location.
In Al Qassim, a number of festivals are organized variously in various places during the different periods of time to recognize the city’s heritage. The most prominent festivals include Al-Khelija and Traditional Products Festival in Buraidah, Entajee Festival in Unaizah, Al-Musawkaf Traditional Festival in Unaizah, Eid Al-Khabra
Festival, Reef Al-Awshaziyah Festival, and Al-Russ Heritage Festival.
Qassim’s traditional dishes are both delicious and healthy. The three main meals begin with a breakfast consisting of dates, Masabib, bread, yoghurt, and Arabic coffee.
During the afternoon, lunch might include Marqouq, Motazeez, Qursan, or Jareesh, which are the best local dishes for being rich in nutrition. Dinner is often similar to lunch. Furthermore, Qassim is well-known for its traditional dish, Al-Khelija, which is served with Arabic coffee for hospitality for different occasions.
Many geographic and natural factors determine the weather in Al Qassim province. During the summer, the climate is more comfortable because of the shady groves and abundant water. During winter, the weather is cold and rainy, creating the ideal atmosphere for picnics and walks in the desert.
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre.
Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality,
transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)