Consultant Republic of Ireland HSE Paediatric ICU / ITU Paediatrician in Leinster Region on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Must have IMC (Specialist Division) Registration (Irish Medical Council) - Essential
*** Location: Republic of Ireland - Leinster Region (Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Longford, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Cavan)
***Speciality: Paediatric: ICU/ ITU Intensive Care Unit Intensive Trauma Unit
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Duration: 12 months (FREE visa & work permit + relocation package offered)
*** Start date: ASAP
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential
***Exact location details provided on application
*** Pay rate: €120,000 to €160,893 Euro’s (dependent on experience) basic salary plus on-calls, rota allowance, CME etc
Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the day to the day running of the Regional Children’s Transport and Retrieval Service. The role will include both in hours and out of hours support for acute patient transport. This involves telephone triage and clinical support for referral for transport, liaison between the referring hospital and the acute services at the hospital as well as going out on retrieval. The appointee will also have responsibilities for supporting the ongoing development of the service and contributing to service’s education & outreach programme for the region.
Secondly working in a team of paediatric intensivists, the successful candidate will also contribute to the day-to-day running and wider development of a state-of-the-art PICU that operates as the regional hub, serving several District General Hospitals. The hospital hosts a wide range of tertiary sub-specialities and a supra-regional immunodeficiency bone marrow transplant service that are all regular users of the PICU.
• Contribute to the day to day running of the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and the Children’s Transport and Retrieval
• Contribute to PICU and on-call rota
• Participate in retrieval of critically ill children
• Provide remote advice in the management of acutely ill children at the DGHs within the region.
• Provide decision support for patient transfers within the region facilitated by the service.
• To undertake general administrative duties within the wider context of Directorate and hospital aims and objectives.
• Timely review of service transfers and feedback on governance issues.
• Excellent documentation transport activities including discussions with clinicians for shared decision making.
• Oversight of timely production of discharge summaries for patients on PICU.
• Excellent documentation of PICU activities.
• Maintain Continued Medical Education (CME) in accordance with guidelines stipulated by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH).
• Participate in all aspects of Clinical Governance, making a significant contribution to multidisciplinary audit and risk management activities in the care of children and their families. The aims of audit will include:
o ensuring compliance with national guidelines relating to the care of children;
o helping to create an environment of continuously seeking to improve the quality of that care
• Undertake an annual appraisal and job plan review. It is expected that objectives within job plan reviews will be based on individual requirements and interests as well as service requirements and hospital objectives such as fulfilment of fixed contractual commitments on the basis of a 43 week working year with due allowance for statutory holidays
• Participation in the service & PICU research programme
• Contribution and further development to the services regional education programme
• Contribution to PICU team teaching programme & PICU grid trainees teaching programme
• Participate in enabling learning of any other health care professionals within the Directorate – an ongoing and active contribution to the education of nurse practitioners on the admissions wards is an essential component of this job
• Participate in enabling learning of undergraduate medical students from the University in all parts of the course but specifically in stage 3 and 5 during the attachments in Child Health. There will be opportunity for the appointee to be awarded Associate Clinical Lecturer status, at the nearby University.
• Active involvement in the clinical supervision of all postgraduate trainees in the departments with specific responsibility for a small number of individuals as educational supervisor.
• The incumbent will be expected to contribute to enabling learning of all levels of paediatric postgraduate Trainees. Active involvement in the clinical supervision of all postgraduate trainees in the department with specific responsibility for a small number of individuals as educational supervisor under the direction of the college tutor.
In line with the hospital’s core value of placing patients at the heart of everything we do, they are developing our service provision to be responsive to the needs of our patients. To meet those needs some staff groups will be increasingly asked to work a more flexible work pattern so that they can offer services in the evening or weekend. As a result any offer of employment to a consultant post will be subject to you agreeing to work a new more flexible pattern or working in the future if required, including evening and weekend work (if required)
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th & 5th year medical students.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee, the Operational Medical Director and Lead Paediatric: ICU/ ITU Consultant, on behalf of the Trust’s Medical Director, based on the provisional timetable. This will be signed by the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment.
It will be reviewed at 3 months & thereafter annually or at any time, but no less than 3 months after a previous review, as requested by the appointee, Operational Medical Director or Clinical Lead & adjusted accordingly to the agreement of both parties.
Standard Duties and responsibilities
a) To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence, as set out within the Clinical Directorate Service Plan and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
b) To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
c) To work within the framework of the hospital / agency’s service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
d) To co-operate with the expeditious implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure
e) To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
f) To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
g) To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
h) To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the European Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
i) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
j) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
k) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
l) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
This post is open to doctors who hold Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Registrar of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of Paediatrics: ICU/ ITU
The post holder will undertake administrative work associated with their clinical and other professional duties. Adequate time and facilities for clinical administration, including appropriate office space, secretarial support and access to a personal computer, software & internet access, will be available.
All Consultants are required to attend the monthly Directorate Meetings. Post holders will be expected to share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate. As part of the Consultant Team, the consultant will offer mentoring support and lead the existing clinical team through; joint clinics, one-to-one support, individual case management and complex cases, identifying development needs and suggesting CPD (Continuous Professional Development) opportunities and responding to clinical enquiries via e-mail and telephone.
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
***Assistance provided with relocation
We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to email@example.com or apply online today (see below).
***Please note due to the high number of applications, we do answer every application in turn.***