Republic of Ireland HSE Consultant Acute Medicine in Connacht Region on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Must have IMC (Specialist Division) Registration (Irish Medical Council) - Essential
*** Location: Republic of Ireland – Connacht Region (Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo, Donegal)
***Speciality: Acute Medicine Physician
*** Duration: 12 months (FREE visa & work permit + relocation package offered)
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: ASAP
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential
***Exact location details provided on application
*** Pay rate: €120,000 to €160,893 Euro’s (dependent on experience) basic salary plus on-calls, rota allowance, CME etc
Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
This is a unique opportunity to join our vibrant and innovative Acute Medicine Division.
The post holder will join the team of acute medicine consultants working across both hospital sites.
• Support the delivery of patient care in our Assessment Units in line with national standards and Care Quality Commission requirements.
• Have clinical and administrative responsibility for the effective running of the Assessment Units and the AEC.
• Provide strong clinical leadership to the Assessment Units and run the handover meetings.
• Promote a friendly and team based working environment in line with our PRIDE values.
• Have a continuing responsibility for the care of patients in your charge.
• Regular pro-active review of our patients and coordination of care with allied specialties.
• Be part of a seamless team responsible for providing care to medical patients being admitted as an emergency in both ED and the Assessment Units including ERU.
• Liaise closely with ED, medical and critical care, in-patient teams and primary and community services to ensure collaborative working arrangements are in place, which maximise benefits to patient care.
• Identify patients for early discharge and arrange suitable follow up.
• Undertake administrative duties associated with the care of patients and the running of the assessment units, AEC and Hot Clinics.
• Support the on-call medical team to ensure consistent standards of care are applied at all times.
• Supervise and run the Ambulatory Care Unit
Your role will be to:
• Provide safe care of our patients through the Assessment Units, for example sepsis pathway.
• Actively participate in clinical audit and clinical improvement initiatives.
• Look at the service needs through regular service meetings with clinical and managerial colleagues.
• Support the development and education of nurses, junior medical staff and students on the units.
• Develop and continually improve processes and clinical guidelines, community protocols and best practice for the management of a wide range of acute medical presentations and admissions. Including the development of Ambulatory Care Pathways.
You will be expected to help deliver our vision and corporate objectives and will encourage your teams to understand their role in delivering outstanding care to our patients, in line with the hospital values. You will be expected to be up to date and understand our policies and procedures, and be fully compliant with mandatory training requirements.
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th & 5th year medical students.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee, the Operational Medical Director and Lead Acute Medicine Consultant, on behalf of the Trust’s Medical Director, based on the provisional timetable. This will be signed by the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment.
It will be reviewed at 3 months & thereafter annually or at any time, but no less than 3 months after a previous review, as requested by the appointee, Operational Medical Director or Clinical Lead & adjusted accordingly to the agreement of both parties.
This post is renumerated as a 10 PA job plan, consisting of 7.5 DCC + 2.5 SPA, with a 1 in 16 non-resident night on call. This includes DCC allocation for development of specialty interest. The job plan is worked over an 8 week rota with appropriate time in lieu for 1 in 8 weekend working. The weekend hours are resident Saturday 08.00 – 20.30 and Sunday 08.00 – 16.30
Standard Duties and responsibilities
a) To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence, as set out within the Clinical Directorate Service Plan and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
b) To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
c) To work within the framework of the hospital / agency’s service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
d) To co-operate with the expeditious implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure
e) To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
f) To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
g) To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
h) To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the European Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
i) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
j) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
k) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
l) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
This post is open to doctors who hold Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Registrar of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of Acute Medicine
The post holder will undertake administrative work associated with their clinical and other professional duties. Adequate time and facilities for clinical administration, including appropriate office space, secretarial support and access to a personal computer, software & internet access, will be available.
All Consultants are required to attend the monthly Directorate Meetings. Post holders will be expected to share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate. As part of the Consultant Team, the consultant will offer mentoring support and lead the existing clinical team through; joint clinics, one-to-one support, individual case management and complex cases, identifying development needs and suggesting CPD (Continuous Professional Development) opportunities and responding to clinical enquiries via e-mail and telephone.
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
***Assistance provided with relocation
We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online today (see below).
***Please note due to the high number of applications, we do answer every application in turn.***