Consultant Dermatology / Dermatologist in Al-Bahah - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Al-Bahah - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Medicine – Dermatology / Dermatologist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Dermatology to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Al-Bahah Region- Saudi Arabia
Al Bahah (Arabic: الباحة Al Bāḥa) is a city in the south west of Saudi Arabia. It is the capital of Al Bahah Region nestled between the resorts of Mecca and Abha, Al Baha is one of the Kingdom’s prime tourist attractions. It enjoys a pleasant climate and is surrounded by more than forty forests, including Raghdan, al Zaraeb and Baidan. Al Baha is the headquarters of the Governor, local councils and branches of governmental departments. Receiving the state's special attention, the city of Al Baha abounds in educational, tourist and health institutions, It is considered the capital of the Ghamdi and Zahrani tribes in Saudi Arabia, And most of its inhabitants are from the native tribes.
The "Pearl of Resorts" is the name given to Al Baha by those acquainted with the city. The "Garden of Hijaz" (Arabic translation: حديقه الحجاز) was the name given to Al Baha by the Sharif of Mecca.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Al Bahah & Surrounding areas
Al Baha, rich with natural resources and a delightful tourism destination, is known for its cool weather and natural diversity. Its charm lies in the architectural heritage, folk arts, crafts, heritage and buildings.
Add excitement to your short vacation by visiting the surrounding mountains and embrace the green, and the cool mist; Experience the adventure found in the lush, green tourism resorts in the middle of Al-Baha mountains. Enjoy the fascinating views, watch the best traditional arts and discover its heritage buildings. Get ready for a fascinating adventure.
Al-Baha is fairylike with all its components of heritage, culture and breathtaking nature. Venture into Raghdan forest where diversity and fun awaits you. Visit the traditional Souks and enjoy the old fascinating crafts, and be impressed by the Dhi Ain village sitting atop white stones.
Al Baha Province is distinguished for its unique architecture. Historically it is one of the oldest settled areas in the region. Local stone was used in the construction of houses offering stunning views of the hillsides. Al Baha represents models of traditional villages; also, it involves a number of watchtowers and castles, forts, and archeological sites. No doubt, Al Baha is famous for its extraordinary mountainous environment, moderate climate and spectacular views
The mountainous nature in Al Baha paints the picture of an exquisite panorama of inborn natural beauty, which will sooth your soul and rejuvenate your creativity. There are luxurious forests, parks and green covers covering the mountains. The outstanding view of the Tihama plains and the views of waterfalls with chirping birds, flying magnificently over the mountains brings out best in modern and ancient.
Al Baha province is characterized by its multiple dishes and distinctive cuisines made from the local components, especially that it is an agricultural area. Al-Aseedah is one of the finest and most famous dishes in the region, and the world. Additionally, the main meal includes Al-Marqouq, Al-Daghabis, and Al-Fattah.
Clothing in Al Baha Province is mostly of simple design, made of cotton fabric “Al-Mibram” as it is called by locals. In addition, men wear Thobe (full-length loose garment) when attending the Eid and special occasions. If someone has a particular social status, like a tribe elder, a jurist (Sheikh) or a scholar, he will wear a turban made of wool with bright colours. Most women wear a dress, tight dress above the waist and loose below, sleeves and shoulders of different colours. Such dress usually come in bright colours with black, dominant.
Al Baha is proud of its folklore, which is inherited since the ancient times. Being an agricultural area, there are legendary songs and melodies that are performed by the peasants when they are doing daily chores and activities, as well as there are large number of dances, like Al-Ardah, which is performed holding swords and daggers pointing upwards, and Al-Mal’abah, with its distinct creative lyrics.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre.
Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality,
transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to email@example.com You are also able to apply online (see below)