HSE Consultant Paediatric Emergency Medicine in Munster Region - Republic of Ireland on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Must have IMC (Specialist Division) Registration (Irish Medical Council) - Essential
*** Location: Republic of Ireland – Munster Region (Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Waterford)
***Speciality: Paediatric : Emergency Medicine Paediatrician
*** Duration: 12 months (FREE visa & work permit + relocation package offered)
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: ASAP
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential
***Exact location details provided on application
*** Pay rate: €120,000 to €160,893 Euro’s (dependent on experience) basic salary plus on-calls, rota allowance, CME etc
Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
Currently seeking a Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine for our University Hospital client for the provision of a Paediatric Urgent and Emergency Care service in the Munster Region (Republic of Ireland):
• Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of a Children’s Emergency Dept.
• Develop interest to compliment current consultant team
• To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Children’s Emergency Department
• Teaching & training of junior staff, medical students
• To actively participate in both departmental & Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance & audit
• To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
This is a new consultant post for University Hospitals based in Munster. We are looking for a Consultant in Paediatric Emergency medicine. The appointee will join a young, dynamic and growing team in a purpose built Children’s Emergency Department which will be further enhanced .
Any applicant unable for personal reasons to work full time will be eligible to be considered for the post; if such a person is appointed; modification of the job content will be discussed on a personal basis with the Clinical Director, but the out of hours commitment is fixed.
This is a purpose built department opened May 2009 that now sees over 36,000 attendances per year. The hospital are an accredited Grid training site for paediatric emergency medicine and are a founder member of the clinical research network of Ireland. They are active in this network and are currently participating in 3 trials.
They function as a single front door for all GP, 999 / 112 and self-referrals, and operate as a one stop shop. Clinicians in CED have admitting rights to the general paediatric ward. There is no separate children’s admissions unit. The observation unit has 4 beds and a cubicle and allows to observe certain patients for up to 8 hours.
The hospital also run an ambulatory care service from this unit.
The hospital currently have 4 PEM RCPCH consultants, 3 Dual accredited RCEM Consultants and an specialist, who make up 5.6 WTE. The hospital await a new Consultant who starts on in the coming months.
The hospital are seeking 1 new posts in order to help support the out of hours rota, as a decision has been made to provide double cover in the evenings in view of increasing acuity and need for senior input for patient management. They are a dynamic team, passionate about research and education.
The Support team is a team of highly trained specialist nurses who provide the link between acute hospital care and ongoing care at home. This team includes outreach support for respiratory and CF, surgery, complex medical problems, discharges from the Baby Unit and trauma liaison.
Children’s x-ray service (with CT/MRI scan facilities on site)
Children’s psychology service
Children’s physiotherapy and occupational therapy
Children’s dietetics (see below)
Local Authority school
There is a dedicated team of paediatric dieticians, all skilled in the use of elemental diets for Crohn’s disease, cow’s milk free diet and other specialist dietary requirements.
1. Provision of a comprehensive acute paediatric service to University Hospitals of our client, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis & treatment of illness, & the proper functioning of the department
2. Responsibility for the continuing care & treatment of patients in your charge & personal performance of clinical duties as agreed in your job plan, allowing for all proper delegation to, & training of your staff
3. Provision of a resident consultant senior medical cover running the children’s emergency department with consultant presence between 08am and 2400 7 days per week.
4. Responsibility for the professional supervision & management of junior medical staff, carrying out teaching, examination & accreditation duties as required & for contributing to undergraduate, postgraduate & continuing medical education activity, locally & nationally as appropriate
5. Participation in the clinical governance arrangements of the hospital & specifically within the Directorate including clinical audit, & research
6. Responsibility for implementing the Infection Control Policies as determined by the HSE Hospitals
7. Responsible for compliance with personal continuing medical education requirements with the support of the hospitals
8. Responsible for maintaining awareness of professional guidelines such as ‘Duties of a Doctor’ & ‘ HSE Performance Procedures’ & acting in accordance with them
9. An exceptional requirement to undertake additional duties for limited periods within the geographical areas specified above or undertake duties at other hospitals in the event of a major disaster or incident
10. Where it is agreed between the parties, work on behalf of University Hospitals such as domiciliary consultations, or services provided by the hospital for other agencies, e.g. the prison service. (Excludes work done under direct arrangements between an individual Consultant & a third party, e.g. Category 2)
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th & 5th year medical students.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee, the Operational Medical Director and Lead Paediatric: Emergency Medicine Consultant, on behalf of the Trust’s Medical Director, based on the provisional timetable. This will be signed by the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment.
It will be reviewed at 3 months & thereafter annually or at any time, but no less than 3 months after a previous review, as requested by the appointee, Operational Medical Director or Clinical Lead & adjusted accordingly to the agreement of both parties.
Standard Duties and responsibilities
a) To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence, as set out within the Clinical Directorate Service Plan and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
b) To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
c) To work within the framework of the hospital / agency’s service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
d) To co-operate with the expeditious implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure
e) To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
f) To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
g) To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
h) To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the European Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
i) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
j) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
k) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
l) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
This post is open to doctors who hold Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Registrar of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of Paediatrics: Emergency Medicine
The post holder will undertake administrative work associated with their clinical and other professional duties. Adequate time and facilities for clinical administration, including appropriate office space, secretarial support and access to a personal computer, software & internet access, will be available.
All Consultants are required to attend the monthly Directorate Meetings. Post holders will be expected to share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate. As part of the Consultant Team, the consultant will offer mentoring support and lead the existing clinical team through; joint clinics, one-to-one support, individual case management and complex cases, identifying development needs and suggesting CPD (Continuous Professional Development) opportunities and responding to clinical enquiries via e-mail and telephone.
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
***Assistance provided with relocation
We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to email@example.com or apply online today (see below).
***Please note due to the high number of applications, we do answer every application in turn.***