Republic of Ireland HSE Consultant Anaesthesia ICU/ ITU in Connacht Region on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Must have IMC (Specialist Division) Registration (Irish Medical Council) - Essential
*** Location: Republic of Ireland – Connacht Region (Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo, Donegal)
***Speciality: Anaesthesia ICU/ ITU Intensive Care Anaesthetist
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Duration: 12 months (FREE visa & work permit + relocation package offered)
*** Start date: ASAP
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential
***Exact location details provided on application
*** Pay rate: €120,000 to €160,893 Euro’s (dependent on experience) basic salary plus on-calls, rota allowance, CME etc
Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
• Based at a University Hospital in the Connacht region of the Republic of Ireland, with a total of 10.5 Programmed Activities (PAs)
• 3.75 of 7.5 fixed clinical Programmed Activities (PAs), usually over 3 half day sessions per week to provide senior cover for the Intensive Care Unit. The remaining 3.75 PAs will be for 3 half-day anaesthetic theatre sessions, including the pre and postoperative care time needed 1.5 clinical programmed activities for on-call cover and 1.5 supporting professional activity PA’s.
• Further clinical PAs may be offered at job planning.
• Further SPA’s may be offered at job planning for work done to meet mutually agreed aims.
• Participation in an on call consultant rota (1 in 9) to cover emergency anaesthesia, ICU admissions and ongoing care, maternity unit and paediatric stabilisation. On call is non residential.
• Supervision of trainees and specialty doctors
• Participation in the provision of anaesthetic and critical care services to the Trust, to meet the needs of the service.
• To participate in the provision of a combination of services, split between the hospital sites..
• Provision of anaesthetic services for the variety of district general surgical services for adults and children.
• The post holder will participate in a consultant on call rota (1 in 8) which will involve emergency out of hours cover for emergency anaesthesia, admissions to, and ongoing care of patients in ICU, emergency anaesthetic cover for the maternity unit, and anaesthetic assistance in the stabilisation of critically ill children.
• The post holder will be jointly responsible with consultant colleagues for the proper functioning of the department.
• The post holder will be expected to take part in the administrative work relevant to his / her clinical and professional commitment.
• To participate in the provision of anaesthesia for children above three years of age, as and when occasionally required
• The post holder will be expected to take an active part, with the other Consultant Anaesthetists, in teaching undergraduate students, postgraduate doctors and other allied healthcare professionals.
• The post holder will be expected to take an active part in local, regional and national audit and QIPs, as well as attend MDTs, audit and M & M meetings.
• The post holder will be expected to fulfil the requirements of appraisal.
• The post holder will be required to provide cover for colleagues during periods of absence
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th & 5th year medical students.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee, the Operational Medical Director and Lead Anaesthesia Consultant, on behalf of the Trust’s Medical Director, based on the provisional timetable. This will be signed by the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment.
It will be reviewed at 3 months & thereafter annually or at any time, but no less than 3 months after a previous review, as requested by the appointee, Operational Medical Director or Clinical Lead & adjusted accordingly to the agreement of both parties.
Standard Duties and responsibilities
a) To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence, as set out within the Clinical Directorate Service Plan and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
b) To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
c) To work within the framework of the hospital / agency’s service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
d) To co-operate with the expeditious implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure
e) To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
f) To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
g) To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
h) To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the European Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
i) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
j) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
k) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
l) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
This post is open to doctors who hold Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Registrar of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of Anaesthesia.
The post holder will undertake administrative work associated with their clinical and other professional duties. Adequate time and facilities for clinical administration, including appropriate office space, secretarial support and access to a personal computer, software & internet access, will be available.
All Consultants are required to attend the monthly Directorate Meetings. Post holders will be expected to share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate. As part of the Consultant Team, the consultant will offer mentoring support and lead the existing clinical team through; joint clinics, one-to-one support, individual case management and complex cases, identifying development needs and suggesting CPD (Continuous Professional Development) opportunities and responding to clinical enquiries via e-mail and telephone.
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
***Assistance provided with relocation
We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to email@example.com or apply online today (see below).
***Please note due to the high number of applications, we do answer every application in turn.***