Consultant General Internal Medicine in Northern Borders - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Northern Borders - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: General Internal Medicine
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant General Internal Medicine to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Northern Borders Region- Saudi Arabia.
The Northern Borders Region (Arabic: منطقة الحدود الشمالية Al-Ḥudūd Aš-Šamāliyya) is the least populated region of Saudi Arabia. It is located in the north of the country, bordering Iraq and Jordan. It has an area of 111,797 km² and a population of 320,524 at the 2010 census (preliminary result). The region is sub-divided into three governorates: 'Ar'ar, Rafha and Turayf. Its capital is 'Ar'ar.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Northern Borders & Surrounding areas
The Northern Borders is a land with rich history and endless adventures. It is also known for prominent archaeological and historical sites. Nature reserves and beautiful suburbs fill this region. Northern Borders have been the North Gate of Arabian Peninsula since antiquity; hence hold significant historical and geographical importance to the Kingdom.
Here, you find yourself in the midst of captivating landscape, beautiful gardens, nature parks, and desert sand dunes. You can also experience the thrill of hunting with falcons in the wilds, as it is the natural home for hawks. An adventure you can never forget.
Access to Northern Borders is easy from any part of the Kingdom because it is linked with the rest of the country by a network of modern highways. It is also strategic on the main routes between Jordan and Syria in the North and the Gulf States in the East. There are three regional airports in in the Northern Borders, ArAr, Rafha and Tarif, with air links to all other regions of the Kingdom.
ArAr City- It is a city with plateaus, valleys and plains, and home to falconry. ArAr is a fertile land for natural vegetation and herbs, which grow wildly in locations such as Awaisi and Bednah Valley, in addition, it is surrounded by hills and mountains like Mount Kathifah.
Present in the Northern Borders are a large number of archaeological and historical sites dating back to pre-Islamic era, especially in Bednah and Wadi Al-Shadhi in ArAr. The famous ruins in Tarif city are the foundation walls of Dukrah Palace. Rafha is the city of pilgrimage stations, and exquisite archaeological locations are found in Lainah.
In spring the territory in Northern Borders get an extensive green cover making it a paradise for Fiqa, a wild aromatic trees scattered freely that deliver prized Truffles (edible fungus). To break away from the routine of daily life, the sand dunes in the Nafud are the best for camping and practicing desert sports. For hunting enthusiasts, the nature reserves are replete with breeding grounds for falcons and different types wild fauna.
Varied dishes and cuisine are consumed in the Northern Border region. The population of the region depends primarily on local resources and animals for preparing popular dishes, such as milk, ghee, milk and dates which is the main food in the region. People also consume such delicacies comprised of desert animals like the lizards, hares and birds, as well as truffles (prized edible fungus), which the outskirt Bedouins collect them in season. Some important local delicacies are, Almelehi, Almrkoq, Almtaziz and Alwashiq.
The Northern Border region covers a vast area resulting in weather diversity every all days of the year. The average maximum temperature in summer is between 40° and 42° Celsius (104° to 108° F), and the minimum within 24° Celsius (75° F), while in winter the average minimum temperature is 16° Celsius (61° F), and the minimum is 3° Celsius (37° F).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre.
Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)