Consultant A&E Emergency Medicine–General in Madinah- Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Madinah- Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: A&E –General / Emergency Medicine
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant A&E Emergency Medicine to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Madinah Region- Saudi Arabia
Medina (/məˈdiːnə/; Arabic: المدينة المنورة, al-Madīnah al-Munawwarah , "the radiant city"; or المدينة, al-Madīnah (Hejazi pronunciation: [almaˈdiːna]), "the city"), also transliterated as Madīnah, is a city in the Hejaz, and the capital of the Al Madinah Region of Saudi Arabia. The city contains al-Masjid an-Nabawi ("the Prophet's Mosque"), which is the burial place of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and is the second-holiest city in Islam after Mecca.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Al-Madinah & Surrounding areas
Al Madina is the administrative center of the Madina province, as well as the most important Islamic city. A city of peace and tranquility, where many historic and archaeological sites along with several Islamic historic battle sites are found here. Madinah is rich in culture, heritage and museums. Vast date plantations and ancient traditional markets (Souks) alongside modern shopping malls and arcades abound here.
Going to Madina to enjoy its beautiful atmosphere and to see the stunning historical and heritage sites and recognize the distinct tranquil beaches and walk along its finest and coolest parks in fresh air and participate in its enchanting festivals.
It is a city of peace and tranquility. It contains various important Islamic landmarks. Tourism in Madina is unlike any due to its immensely religious undertone. Historical battle sites and landmarks abound here. Madina not only has a glorious history, even its present will enthrall you when you visit its heritage areas amidst architectural beauty.
It is a city of peace that draws smile on your lips when you enter its enclaves. The diversity of its locations, history and heritage, is most attractive. Among the famous landmarks in the province is the Mada'in Saleh that bewilders you with its huge rock cut tombs and designs. When you are here, you must visit the Hejaz railway to learn about the trade routes that were used in the antiquity.
Yanbu is home to some of the most beautiful beaches with sunlight caressing its coral reefs under the sea like a painting of unique and rarely seen landscape. It is a city of culture and creativity that competes with other cities around the world
The city of Madina recounts many glorious stories about the history of Islam through the battle sites such as Uhud and Al Khandaq (trench). Additionally several noble and blessed mosques, most sacred in Islam, like the Masjid Nabawi Al-Sharif Mosque (Holy Prophet’s Mosque), the Quba Mosque and the Qiblatain Mosque enliven the story of Islam.
Madain Saleh is the UNESCO’s World Heritage pre-Islamic archaeological site located in Al Madina Province. It is also called as Al Hijir. When you enter the area, you will find yourself surrounded by interconnected mountains and separate rocky cliffs on a sprawling landscape. Mada’en Saleh has been mentioned in the Holy Quran with the name “Al Hijir” as the home to Tahmuds, who were destroyed by God for transgression. Madain Saleh was the capital and an important city of the Nabataeans after Petra in Jordan. Its prominent civilization and cultural role is dated to first century BC and the first centuries AD, as the flourishing state of Nabataeans before its fall at the hands of the Roman Empire in 106 AD. However, Al Hijir continued to be a source of cultural and intellectual interaction until the fourth century AD.
Al-Madinah offers a diversity of delicious dishes that mimic all the Islamic cuisine, like Turkish, Indian, Moroccan, Egyptian, Levant, African, Javanese, Bukhari, Kabli, and even Chinese. The most prominent dishes are Almu’arraq, Almekhtoom, Alkibdah, Almeqadem, Alkershah, Spiced rice, Kuskus, Jereesh, Alkhawadah, Aldishishah, Almeslakhah, Alduggah, Alsh’airiah, Alsambosa and vermicelli.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
Many pleasant and fine costumes are found in Al-Madinah. The locals have added a touch of creativity to their clothing with attractive accessories like the beautiful Hijazi turban, which is popular among merchants. People living in the desert dress differently where the costume is simple and almost devoid of any decorations or accessories.
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre.
Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some
areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are
within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)