Consultant Renal / Nephrologist / Nephrology in Jizan - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Jizan - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Renal Medicine / Nephrology / Nephrologist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Renal / Nephrology to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Jizan Region- Saudi Arabia.
Jizan Region (Arabic: جيزان Jizān) is the second smallest (after Al Bahah) region of Saudi Arabia. It stretches some 300 km along the southern Red Sea coast, just north of Yemen. It covers an area of 11,671 km² and has a population of 1,365,110 at the 2010 census (preliminary result). The capital is the city of Jizan; Muhammad bin Nasser bin Abdulaziz is the current Governor.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Jizan & Surrounding areas
Jizan is called as the nature’s treasure and the Pearl of the South and a place of generosity, kindness, and finest hospitality. It has high mountains with perennial green cover and they also include spectacular waterfalls that create most beautiful lakes which are no less splendorous than the pristine beaches in the islands nearby. You can visit the lush green mountains with their sweet and hot water springs. Moreover, you can visit the beaches, islands, and the amazing coral reefs lurking under the sea’s depths, or you can learn about the evolution and archaeological sites in the Jizan Archeological and Heritage Museum, or you can visit the Abu Areesh and Al-Dawseriyah castles.
Give yourself a day’s more fun and learn about the Fursan islands, which include a range of natural monuments, or you can travel to the Al-Eidabi governorate to enjoy watching the Razan Valley, which is a piece of paradise on earth. To live a unique experience, go to attend the amazing annual celebration of Al-Hareed Fish Festival that you may not find in any place in the world, as you will see it in Jizan
The Sea, the islands, the mountain and the plains are the basics of diversity in Jizan. All these provide visitors with varied elements of picturesque nature to enjoy with.
The adventure in Jizan, the Pearl of the South is irreplaceable, and will remain interesting to the last minute.
What distinguishes Jizan is its people’s generosity and hospitality.
Additionally, its forests, lakes, and waterfalls will give you complete freedom to enjoy its spellbound nature.
Jizan is the place of diversity. If you are looking for summer fun, head to Fifa Mountains that are covered with breathtaking greenery and exquisitely charming and colorful fragrant flowers. If you are a lover of beaches, go to visit Beesh Beach, to see the gentle waves caressing its golden sands and if you are a Marine adventure fan you can go to the Farasan Islands to enjoy the most beautiful beaches and exquisitely blended coral reefs. You can get to know the marine creatures through unforgettable diving experience.
The dominant environment of Jizan Province affects the local dress habit because of the varying temperatures in the seasons throughout the year. Men’s clothes consist of two pieces aprons i.e. Al-Mi’zar and Al-Shameez. Some men wear scarfs and fix a dagger on their waists. Some men also wear long Thoub (a full-length loose garment) and a turban on their head. The Women’s dress manifests itself in Al-Kirtah or Al-Sidairiyah (a vest coat), long Indian pants, Al-Misr (a headdress), and Al-
Maqlamiyah (a black cloth that covers the head and the shoulders).
When talking about popular dishes in Jizan, Jizan province has a rich and diverse heritage that is a direct result of the farming background of the region in the first place.
It’s diversity of sources of food comes from the bounties of the coastal stretch of sea fishing , the wild meat products, honey and ghee from the mountains, and the cereals, vegetables, mutton and poultry from the plains. Therefore, all this has the greatest impact on Jizani meal table that is usually comprised of multiplicity of dishes.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre.
Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)