Consultant A&E Emergency Medicine–General in Ha’il - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Ha’il - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: A&E –General / Emergency Medicine
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant A&E Emergency Medicine to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Ha’il Region- Saudi Arabia.
Haʾil Region (Arabic: حائل Ḥāʾil) is a region of Saudi Arabia, located in the north of the country. It has an area of 103,887 km² and a population of 527,033 (2004) census).
Its capital is Haʾil. It is subdivided into four governorates: (with population):
• Ha'il 412,758
• Al-Ghazalah 102,588
• Ash-Shinan 41,641
• Baqa 40,157
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Ha’il & Surrounding areas
Ha’il Region - where you will discover an ancient civilization that still lives on through the city’s antiquities, heritage, culture and the ancient Arab traditions of the locals.
You will be pleasantly surprised with the vibrant atmosphere and the enthusiast appreciation by locals for exploring the deserts and valleys when the weather is cool.
Outdoor activities include mountain climbing, bird hunting, and even rally racing! Great adventures await you in Ha’il!
When visiting Ha’il you can travel through the countryside in 4x4s, mountain climb in Nafud Al Kabir, or head west of the city to explore the mountaintops of Aja, where you will find a maze of rugged granite peaks. These mountains are home to numerous springs, marshes and freshwater lagoons, as well as palm tree and acacia oases.
It is a beautiful setting where visitors can see a variety of wildlife and take memorable photos, climb mountains, take hikes and enjoy nature and animals in a natural environment.
Jubbah City - This is one of the most significant and largest archeological sites in Saudi Arabia, where ancient illustrations and inscriptions are found throughout the Sanman Mountains as well as other nearby mountains. The inscriptions date back to three separate periods. The site is located on a dry lake surrounded by the sand dunes of Nafud AlKabir. To the west and south are sedimentary mountains such as Um Sanman, Ghootah, Shuwaihit, and Unaizah. SCTA has requested that the rock inscription sites at Jubbah and Shuwaimis in Ha’il Province be registered under UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Qishleh Ha’il - represents the architectural style of Najd and is located in Ha’il city center. King Abdul-Aziz – ordered its construction to train soldiers to keep peace and stability in Ha’il and surrounding areas. The site is comprised of a large square used for training and presenting the soldiers. There are arcades roofed with tamarisk trunks and fronds mounted atop stone columns. The historical Qishleh palace has two large gates and contains a mosque inside as well as numerous rooms decorated with gypsum, and colored and patterned doors and windows.
Other local historic sites include: Airif Castle, Ugdah Village you can also visit the local Ha’il Regional Museum.
Activities in the area located at Prince Sultan Park, Nafud Genna. For shopping - Barzan Souk - This is a unique traditional market place buzzing with activity during the mornings. Here you will find unique collections of handicrafts and Ha’ili products such as kulaijah, Ha’ili Sirar (ground red peppers), mint, along with other products and fresh produce.
Ha’il is home to a number of modern malls and commercial centers such as Samah Mall and Hadeeka Mall, as well as more than 70 commercial centers. The city is also filled with specialized markets such as the farmers market, meat market, livestock market, traditional fuel market, and the traditional souk for artisans and women.
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre.
Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)