Consultant Gastroenterology in Najran - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Najran - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Medicine- Gastroenterology / Gastroenterologist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Gastroenterologist to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Najran Region- Saudi Arabia.
Najran (Arabic: نجران Naǧrān) is a region of Saudi Arabia, located in the south of the country along the border with Yemen. It has an area of 149,511 km². Its capital is Najran.
Najran contains three geographical areas. First, the flat area which lies in the middle of Najran. It has several valleys, the most famous of them being Najran’s valley. Second, the mountainous area which is in the west and the north. There the weather is moderate in summer. It has several beautiful parks shaded by nabk trees. It has important governorate centers: Habuna governorate, Badr El-Junoob governorate and Yadmah governorate; the latter governorate won King Fahd’s attention because it has mineral wealth. The most important of all is the gold area where much gold was mined that lies in El-Johns area, which follows Safah center. Many of the mountains are distinguished by granite rocks, where marble and granite are quarried, providing a large part of the Kingdom’s needs. Third, the sandy area which lies in the east and is a part of the Empty Quarter. It is extremely rich in oil.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Najran & Surrounding areas
Najran is a city filled with incredible examples of archaeology, history and civilization, providing the visitor with an endless diversity of attractions and activities.
The expansive landscapes and sand dune formations in the nearby Empty Quarter are amazing to view. Natural reserves, parks and recreational cities provide plenty of things to do and places to visit. Najran is truly the land of nature, history, heritage and biodiversity!
From ancient palaces and castles to natural parks and gardens, Najran is diverse in its attractions and holds something for every traveller. Whether you choose to explore ancient history in the archaeological city of Okhdood, visit the Antiquities and Heritage Museum of Najran, or spend a day at King Fahd Park, you will always find something interesting and enjoyable to do. Camel and horse races are organized on a regular basis in Najran. The horse track is located near the highway east of Najran, whereas the camel track is located near the highway to the north. Najran’s annual Camel beauty pageant draws participants from across Saudi Arabia as well as contestants coming from as far as the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries.
Amarah Historic Palace- This distinctive landmark links the past with the present through its unique construction engineering and planning. It is located in the city of Aba in Najran province, on an area of approximately 625 square meters. Construction on the palace began in early 1362 (AH), during the time of King Abdul Aziz, to be the Amir’ Palace and a Sharia court. It consists of an integrated castle surrounded by a high fence guarded by four cylindrical towers. There is a tower in each corner that adds a touch of beauty to the building. A water well in the interior yard of the palace caters to the residents of the palace. The well is deemed very old, dating back to the pre-Islamic period, which is indicated by the fact that the lower part of the well is built with burnt red bricks, a practice employed in digging wells before Islam. The upper part was perhaps ruined, and then re-built. In addition, it was renovated with stone masonry during recent restoration work.
Najran is distinguished for its ancient commercial activities, and is one of the most important commercial markets in the Arabian Peninsula. It features specialized markets such as the livestock market, grains and cereals market, and the handicrafts industrial market, each with many shops lined up in a row. Among the famous products sold in the markets of Najran are Arabian coffee, dates, pottery, wooden crafts, and textiles. There is also a traditional market for women, which sells exclusively women-only products.
Najran is proud to invite you to visit our luxurious shopping centres that offer you the most beautiful, unique, and creative global brand names in exquisitely designed commercial complexes, equipped with modern services and amenities to meet all your needs and that essentially facilitate a wonderful shopping experience.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre. Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)