Consultant Anaesthesia / Anaesthetist - General in Eastern Province- Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Eastern Province- Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Anaesthesia / Anaesthetist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Anaesthesia / Anaesthetist to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Eastern Province Region- Saudi Arabia
The Eastern Province (Arabic: الشرقية ash-Sharqiyyah) is the largest province of Saudi Arabia by area. The province's capital is the city of Dammam, which hosts the majority of the region's population and its seat of government. The Eastern Province is the third most populous province in Saudi Arabia, after Makkah and Riyadh. Dammam is the province's most populous city, and the sixth most populous city in the country. The current governor of the Eastern Province is Prince Saud Bin Naif.
The Eastern Province is home to most of Saudi Arabia's oil production. The region is also home of the City of Jubail, which hosts the Jubail Industrial City, a global hub for chemical industries. It is also a tourist area because of its location on the coast of the Persian Gulf and the variety of entertainment activities available across the region.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Eastern Province & Surrounding areas
Eastern Province is home to most of the oil production of Saudi Arabia. Located in the eastern part of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia it is like a jewel with bright colours. It boasts of beautiful gardens and sandy beaches on the shores of the Arabian Gulf. It is a combination of emerald green sea, beautiful Corniches and green Oases, in addition to sprawling desert where sights extend for miles together to distant horizons.
Dammam is the capital of the Eastern region, and home to vast sea, beautiful beaches and exotic fishing places. It is a favorite destination for tourists from different parts of the Kingdom. Dammam is known to be the oldest inhabited place due to the discovery of many ancient artifacts in the Rakah district, alluding that it was a popular living site since a long time in the past.
You will be fascinated by the unique sea weather of Dammam and the Pearl bright beaches, where you can enjoy wonderful sights while taking a stroll along the corniche and practice many other beach sports. If you choose, you can go to the King Fahd Park and spend your time in the cafés, swimming pools, watching fountains and greenery full of life.
On the east coast of Saudi Arabia, you can see hundreds of fishing boats competing for space on the surface of the sea, as marine fishing was the traditional occupation here since the ancient times, which is still practiced by some. The history of diving for pearls in the deep gulf remains fresh in the memory of the region. When a visitor goes to the waterfront areas, he will find people merrymaking and joyful. Starting with the most famous and popular beach "Half Moon Bay", the cornice extends from Al Khobar to Dammam, and finally ends at the integrated services waterfront in Ras Tanura and Jubail, where landscaped private sitting places and children's play areas are beautifully crafted and maintained. Along the corniche, the corridors are equipped for hiking and biking, with resorts and chalets catering to the visitors. These beaches are most visited as family destination by locals and visitors in the region.
Dates, wheat, milk, are the essential components of food in the Eastern region. Molasses extracted from dates are used in the preparation of many of the popular dishes, such as porridge (Al-Muhammar and Aseedah) for breakfast and dinner, which are the main meals of the family. Breakfast consists of a combination of dates, coffee, milk, baked bread, eggs, vermicelli (Shi'airiah) plus white tea. Lunch usually is rice with meat or shrimps, or Al Wadmah (onions and dried fish in summer). For dinner, you can have very tasty dishes like Al Mufallaq, Al Jireesh, Al Harees and Al Thereed. Sheep and fish meat is used mainly in the local dishes. Kabsah with fish and shrimps is considered most recognized delicacy in the Eastern region.
Locals of the Eastern region boast of the most beautiful forms of dresses, which reflect prestige and elegance of the region. Men’s dress consists of loose garments that cover the body up to the lower leg. Dangling at the neck of the thobe dress is a tuft of threads called (Krkoshah). In addition, men wear a head cloth called ghutra or shimmag, which has white or striped triangles. On the top of Ghutra, a black rope-like doubled cord called Igal is worn in order to hold the Ghutra in place. During winter, a cloak made of sheepskin or wool is worn over the thobe. As for women, they wear a full-length loose gown embroidered with silk and gold. The headscarf is made of black cloth decorated with golden threads with an opening for the face in front and the rest of the headdress is let loose on the shoulders and back.
When the temperature in the summer surge up, people wish to enjoy the picturesque marine atmosphere squatting in open private sitting places along the seafront, and the winter comes with amazing rainbow formations and rains continues to pour until the arrival of spring. The average annual temperature in the Eastern Province is around 25 º Celsius.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre. Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity, Doctors Guide to working in Saudi Arabia – click here
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to email@example.com You are also able to apply online (see below)