Consultant Oncology / Oncologist in Tabuk- Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Tabuk- Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Medicine - Oncology / Oncologist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Oncologist to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Tabuk Region- Saudi Arabia.
Tabuk Region (Arabic: تبوك Tabūk), also spelled Tabouk, is a region of Saudi Arabia, located along the north-west coast of the country, facing Egypt across the Red Sea. It has an area of 146,072 km² and a population of 791,595 (2010). Its capital is Tabuk. The governor is Fahd bin Sultan since 1987.
The history of the Tabuk region dates back to 3,500 years ago. The region is identified with the land of Maydan. The region is traversed by the Hejaz Railway, which was a focus for attacks during the Arab Revolt of 1916/18.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Tabuk & Surrounding areas
The jewel of the civilizations that highlights the vibrant tall mountains, where the great tourism diversity boast with religious landmarks and popular markets decorated with fragrant past, authentic culture, sophisticated variety.
There are many historical monuments in Tabuk, like the Prophet's mosque and Tabuk fortress, plus ponds of Haj rout. The historical area also houses market place that deals in Bedoui8ne tools and their products. To the north of In the north of Tabuk is the Al Hajj Castle and fringing the sea in the west of Tabuk are picturesque beaches that connect with the city through a wide network of modern roads.
This is an integrated center specialized in archaeological research and studies, and it includes a restoration lab for the refurbishment of paintings and Photogrammetry (processing surveys and maps using photography), an auditorium for lecture and a hall for antiquities. Precious relics and heritage items are displayed here in a scientific way. The museum display starts with an introduction to geology, past conditions of Saudi Arabia, the era before Islam, and Islamic periods to the modern time.
There are many distinct hills and mountains in this area. They vary between rocky cliffs and sharp gradients to small hills. Every rock formation offers a different climbing experience and provides an opportunity for outstanding mountaineering adventure.
What you see is something straight from a fairy tale here. White plants, white rocks and also the top of the mountain is white. This is, Jabal Al-Lawz, the mountain in Saudi Arabia that opens its summit and slopes to snow in winters. The residents of this mountain surprise their visitors with their feelings of warmth of happiness, when they meet. Jabal Al-Lawz is a famous mountains in the Tabuk region. About 2,785 meters above sea level, and it features multicolored rock formations. The mountain is much visited for camping where the almond trees grow in the wild in its eastern slopes. During winters, snow accumulates generously on the top and slopes, giving it a resplendent look. In addition, Jabal Al-Lawz contains many ancient inscriptions and drawings on the rocks overlooking the settlements dating back to pre-Islamic periods. Jabal Al-Lawz is within the easy reach of several tourist sites in Tabuk, being located only about 80 kms from the famous Haql beaches, and about 50 kilometers from the Heritage Village Alcan in the Al-Thahar area, which also faces snowfall in winter. The surrounding area of Jabal Al-Lawz has many valleys rich with vegetation and pastoral areas, which forms a beautiful picnic location throughout the year.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre. Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some
areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are
within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)