Consultant Diabetes & Endocrinology in Asir - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Asir - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Diabetes & Endocrinology / Endocrinologist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Diabetes & Endocrinology to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Asir Region, Saudi Arabia.
Area: 81,000 km²
Population: 2.881 million (2010)
Official language: Arabic
Currency: 1 Riyal = 100 halalah
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
‘Asir’ province is as if sitting over the shoulders of moving clouds like in a fantasy. The diversity of the terrain is reflected in its towering mountains, flat plains, beautiful marine and coastline rich in spectacular scenery in vibrant colors. It is located to the east of Halbaa, coming under Namas municipality. The area is rich in ancient rock carvings, some dating back to pre-Islamic periods, as well as drawings of many different animals and hunting and battle scenes on the rocks, in addition to Islamic literature in early Kufic.
The salubrious climate, beautiful heritage buildings, palaces, and the historic castles in Asir will take you to the most beautiful times.
A good place to start your discovery and adventure is to visit the popular Al Sawdah market, where you will find many ancient and natural products. Ride the Telpherage cable cars to the Al Sawdah scenic resort. Don’t forget to stop at Rejal Ma, it will inspire your senses with beauty and fragrance.
There are many opportunities to engage in adventures in the Asir mountains, from rock climbing to biking in rugged mountain trails, and enjoying the scenic mountain landscape at Mount Al Sawdah. Ride the hot air balloons to get fantastic views of the breath taking areas, or ride the cable car in a dreamy tour along with outstanding pleasure and delight.
Asir is rich in wildlife and is home to many animals like deer, lynx and Nubian Ibex, in addition to varieties of birds that can be seen in the Aseer National Reserve in Al-Sowdah Mountain, the tallest peak in the Kingdom. The reserve has easy access through several directions, notably through Shafa amusement park, where, a Visitor Center, a Museum with several halls, plus balconies with superb views are located.
With its rich heritage and colourful past, Saudi Arabia is imbued with tradition and culture. The Kingdom has over 600 annual storytelling, dance and dramatic arts festivals. Of these, the colourful Janadriya Festival is the largest event, celebrating aspects of Saudi culture including fine arts, folk dancing, painting, weaving, literature, traditional and modern poetry.
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks.
In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
Abha City - City of haze, the Bride of the South and the administrative center of Asir region. It is the kingdom of mountains and home of fantasy, she boasts of her appealing temperate summers. Abha includes a large number of monuments and palaces, such as the Shada Palace of Rejal Alma, the old souks like the Tuesday market, where you can acquire antiques and precious memorabilia. There are many modern commercial centers scattered throughout the city. Abha visitors will return to their homes, bringing with them the most beautiful memories of the coolest trip of fantasy.
Our clients’ medical facility in the Asir Region, Saudi Arabia, consisting of a group of hospitals, each specialising in different fields of medicine including neuroscience and oncology. Consisting of over 100 beds, the hospitals are responsible for treating over 20,000 in-house patients and 250,000 outpatients per year.
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre. Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the Outpatient clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 45,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some
areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below)