ST4+ ST5+ Speciality Doctor Renal Medicine / Nephrology Northamptonshire Registrar LAS SpR United Kingdom via Workplace Doctors on fixed term / permanent basis.
*** Speciality: Renal Medicine / Nephrology Nephrologist
***Role / Grade: Registrar / Speciality Doctor / StR4 StR5 StR6 / LAS SpR
***Tier 2 Visa offered for Non-EU Doctors (Certificate of Sponsorship)
***Pay Rate: £NEGOTIABLE (dependent on experience £37,176 to £70,018 per year)
***Duration: Fixed term / Permanent (Not Locum)
***Location: Northamptonshire - United Kingdom
***Start date: As soon as possible / Flexible
***GMC Registration Required (General Medical Council) Essential
Applications are invited for a Registrar / LAS SpR / Speciality Doctor / StR4+ in Renal Medicine / Nephrology. The post will commence as soon as possible (ASAP). This post offers the opportunity to develop general registrar level skills and possibly more advanced skills for those interested and those doctors with the appropriate experience to do so.
TIER 2 CERTIFICATE OF SPONSORSHIP (formerly Work Permit)
Applications from doctors who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK, we welcome and will consider all doctors with appropriate experience alongside all EU and UK trained doctors, upon appointment the relevant paperwork will be issued to the successful applicant- if required
GENERAL DUTIES (guideline only)
• Appropriate clinical responsibility for the care of patients delegated by the consultant to his/ her charge. Co responsibility for the proper functioning of the Renal Medicine / Nephrology department, including the supervision of more junior medical staff.
• Participation in the Registrar on call rota and to provide cover in exceptional circumstances for colleague’s absence.
• Attending clinics and assessing patients and formulating treatment decisions seeking advice from the consultant as appropriate.
• Attending sessions with the consultant and assisting or performing procedures as appropriate.
• Running of wards with consultant cover on site during the day, consultant off site after hours.
• Participation in clinical audit.
• Attendance at clinical meetings and case conferences as appropriate.
• Working within a multidisciplinary team.
• Teaching and training staff in other medical disciplines, nursing and support staff as appropriate.
• Communication with other team members as appropriate.
• Co-ordinating appropriate medical disciplines concerned with care for your speciality and communicating appropriately with general practitioners (GP’s) and community agencies.
• Assessment, care and treatment of patients presenting acutely to the speciality and referred to the speciality.
• Conducting daily ward rounds on inpatients under the consultant’s care, supervising the junior doctors whilst the patient is in their care.
• In conjunction with the admitting clinical teams and the wider health economy to develop and implement integrated Renal Medicine / Nephrology pathways throughout the hospital / trust.
• Participation in relevant audit for the department and quality assurance procedures.
• Abide by the clinical & Corporate Governance policies of the hospital/ trust.
• To make sure that the guidance from the GMC (General Medical Council) on Good Medical Practise is at the heart of your clinical practise.
• To keep up to date with Renal Medicine / Nephrology knowledge by Continuous Medical Education in the best interest of the patient and your personal development.
• Although a timetable will be provided, you will be expected to be flexible, in the interest of patient care and to meet the needs of the department as decided by the general manager and clinical lead for your department – Renal Medicine / Nephrology.
• To contribute to the wider corporate and organisational needs of the hospital / trust as appropriate.
In addition doctors will be required to:
• Adhere to hospital / trust procedures e.g. Health and Safety at Work, Equal Opportunities policies etc.
• Work to the hospital/ trusts values- Put Patients First, Take Ownership, Respect Others, Be Positive.
• Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing needs of the job, to seek medical education as appropriate and encourage and support staff development and training as appropriate with your grade.
• Attend Statutory, essential and mandatory training.
• Respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff. All Members of staff are required to comply with the requirements of the data protection act 1998.
To be discussed with the Clinical Lead of Renal Medicine / Nephrology and departmental service manager – all job plans are made with the agreement of the doctor and needs of the Renal Medicine / Nephrology department.
The salary is based on the national salary scale as outlined in the Medical and Dental Terms and Conditions - £37,176 to £70,018 per annum not inclusive of extra hours, these are paid in addition to basic salary.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The post-holder will be required to keep himself / herself up-to-date with their relevant area of practise and be able to demonstrate this to the satisfaction of the hospital / trust / GMC.
The trust supports the requirements for continuing professional development as set down by the Royal College’s and is committed to providing time and financial support for these activities, this is also the same for GMC Revalidation.
Professional or study leave is granted for purposes approved by the trust and includes time off for study, research, teaching, examining, taking examinations, visiting clinics external (if required) to the hospital / trust and attending professional conferences. Study leave allowance is a maximum of 10 days per annum.
***Ability to act part of a team
***Ability to cope with a varying work load
***IELTS and PLAB Exam Part 1 & 2 ( IELTS, overall score 7.0 / 7.5 with 6.5 in each module) –Overseas doctors
***GMC Registration Essential (General Medical Council) – We can provide guidance if needed
Note: The trust operates a policy whereby all employment for staff that have access to children / venerable adults will be subject to satisfactory DBS Disclosure ( Disclosure and Barring Service) The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged to become the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Overseas candidates will require an international police check or character reference.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your GMC registration to email@example.com You are also able to apply online (see below)