Consultant Anaesthesia - General in Makkah - Saudi Arabia on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Location: Makkah - Saudi Arabia
*** Speciality: Anaesthesia / Anaesthetist
*** Pay rate: Consultants Monthly salary: SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000 plus below mentioned benefits
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Start date: Flexible
Workplace Doctors is currently recruiting for an experienced professional - Consultant Anaesthesia / Anaesthetist to work with our esteemed and reputable client in their medical facility in the Makkah Region- Saudi Arabia.
The Makkah Region or Mecca Region is the most populous region (mintaqah) in Saudi Arabia. It is located in western Saudi Arabia and has an extended coastline. It has an area of 153,128 km² and a population of 6,915,006 (2010 census). Its capital is Mecca (also transliterated as Makkah), the holiest city in Islam, and its largest city is Jeddah, which is also Saudi Arabia's main port city.
Saudi Arabia is made up of beautiful seas, impressive mountain ranges and breath-taking landscapes. It sits between mainland Asia and Africa. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has become one of the wealthiest nations in the region thanks to vast oil resources. Sitting on more than 25% of the world’s known oil reserves, the country is capable of producing more than 10 million barrels per day. The Kingdom is one of the major players in the Arab and Muslim worlds, its stature built on geographic size, prestige as the birthplace of Islam, and oil. The working population is very multi-cultural due to a wide variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits for all nationalities.
Makkah & Surrounding areas
It is the heart of the Islamic world, the cradle of revelation and the most sacred land on the earth. Islamic civilization and the mission of the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him), have started from its high mountains. Makkah is the home of science and varied cultures. Since, hundreds of years ago to this day, it receives and welcomes millions of visitors from all over the globe.
The jewel of the civilizations that highlights the vibrant tall mountains, where the great tourism diversity boast with religious landmarks and popular markets decorated with fragrant past, authentic culture, sophisticated variety.
On a short break or weekend go to Mecca and to live the most beautiful excursions in Earth and civilization heritage and picturesque mountain nature and shopping within the most beautiful souks and enter the clock tower building and therefore the watch and his escort.
Diversity in Mecca simulates a dazzling charm forcing you to discover all the spectrum, and visiting the cave of Hira to see its tops and buildings around Mecca and Al-popular market filled with beautiful widgets and must go to the towers House the largest spaces in the world towers.
To make a longer trip and hopes to increase the days trip, set off to discover the diversity of destinations next to Mecca, Medina and Jeddah as and Taif.
You can visit Al-Noor Mountain and the Cave, which tell the history of human life in relative calm and tranquility. Do not forget to visit the Museum of the Two Holy Mosques that has seven halls, of which each one tells a story a greater the hall you just visited. Shopping in Makkah has its own flavor since you can shop in traditional markets and the glossy shopping centers that display the most beautiful local and world commodities in the same vicinity. If you want to enjoy the sea and feel its breeze, you can head to Jeddah, which is known as the Bride of the Red Sea. In case you like hiking in the mountains, you can go to Taif by Al-Hada - Al-Shifa mountain road, which is one of the most astounding roads in the Kingdom bespeaking the pride of Saudi Arabia in the evolution and development in Makkah, not just for today or for tomorrow, but for thousands of years to come.
The attractiveness of Taif’s climate and its surrounding nature has made it the most famous city on the Arabian Peninsula since time immemorial. It is distinguished for its natural open parks, public gardens, finest green covers and towering mountains, some of which are characterized by the white peaks, considered best for mountain adventures.
Jeddah city provides plenty of marine spots that enable visitors to practice the most sought after activities such as diving, swimming, and going shopping. Here you can visit the Corniche that extends 35 km along the city beach and features a range of restaurants and recreational areas. To enjoy swimming, you can head to North Ubhur to spend wonderful time on the sandy beach.
Going shopping in the Makkah Province is different from other regions in Saudi Arabia. Also, you can visit the most active shopping centers in Jeddah, which is the economic hub of the Kingdom, where there are largest number of commercial malls distributed across the city. Here, you can encounter the latest international brands in commercial complexes as well famed local products in traditional markets, such as the Bedouin Market and Al-Otaibah Market in Jeddah
Almost all items and well-known brands can be found in Saudi Arabia. Malls have an array of restaurants and fast food outlets like Domino’s Pizza, KFC and Starbucks. In addition to the modern malls, you will find every town has a variety of traditional shopping centres, and a number of fascinating souks (covered markets).
The professionals working for our client come from all corners of the globe. They all share a common goal in making our client a leading tertiary care referral centre. Specialists from ranges of disciplines co-operate to provide the highest standard of patient care.
Our client strives to advocate a culture of learning and growth that promotes strategy focused organization, result-oriented performance, excellence, quality, transparency, originality and creativity. Extending knowledge and resources into the community is the hospitals aim.
In your role you will be expected to perform the required duties in the clinics, as well as provide the required care on the hospital wards.
You will also provide your consultation services in the in and out patient departments in your area of expertise and share the on-call duties as per the duty schedule.
You will supervise assistant and associate consultants plus support junior physicians and interns to develop their skills and to help evaluate their practice.
• To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant‟s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
• To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
• To work within the framework of the hospital / service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
• To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service
• Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
• To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
• To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
• To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
• To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for Junior Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
• To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
Remuneration and Job Benefits
On the site there is furnished accommodation for over 2,000 staff. Accommodation is allocated based on position and contract status
This will be a tax free salary position, with a full benefits package- including:
• Attractive Tax Free Salary (SAR 40,000 to SAR 65,000)
• One year renewable contract
• Air Tickets/Family Air Tickets to job location at beginning and end of contract
• 35 calendar days paid annual leave
• 11 paid holidays (5 for each Eid - (Religious Holiday) and 1 for the Saudi National Day)
• End of service award for each year completed
• Medical Insurance
• Education allowance
The Hospital Transportation System will provide transportation for employees to and from the airport as well as to and from the various client compounds and some areas inside the complex.
There are numerous recreational services available to employees including swimming pools, tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, running track, squash courts and a football pitch.
Our client also provides a community centre consisting of a nursery school, restaurant, a multi-purpose hall, supermarket, post office and bank. All your necessities are within a short distance, saving time and transport.
Qualifications and Requirements
The following qualifications are accepted:
The requirements of this role are, minimum 3 /4 years of post-fellowship experience, with any of the following qualifications:
• Canadian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• Australian - Fellowship of the Royal Colleges
• South African - Fellowship of Specialty Colleges
• UK - CCST or CCT or GMC Specialist Registration
• Ireland -CCST or CCT or IMC Specialist Registration
• USA American Board
The ability to speak ‘Arabic’ is not essential although beneficial.
Please note Saudi Arabia has instituted a mandatory retirement policy, with few exceptions. You will not be offered a position if you are 60+, or will turn 60 during the period of a one-year contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your experience in your career and to work with an organisation that supports their staff.
In this role you will be rewarded with an exciting job opportunity with a great culture, job satisfaction and an opportunity to use your skills.
Our client prides itself on high standards of professionalism and therefore you must possess excellent communication skills and a professional, enthusiastic manner to reflect this.
Do not miss out on this interesting and challenging career opportunity
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your medical registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are also able to apply online (see below)