Medacs Healthcare, is a leading nursing agency and the preferred supplier to several prominent NHS Trusts and with over 25 years' experience, are recruiting Registered General Nurses (RGN) to work in MIU in Wisbech, Ely and Doddington, Cambridgeshire.
Your duties will include, but not restricted to :
* Providing clinical care using locally agreed protocols for a range of investigative procedures at request and interpret x-ray sabs interpretation of ECG as required.
* Assess patients' social needs and implement appropriate care e.g. refer to social services etc.
* Providing specialist clinical advice for patients presenting with minor illness e.g. ear infection, soft tissue injury, limb fractures, ophthalmic problems
* Identify and instigating emergency care and basic life support where necessary to patients presenting with life threatening conditions , e.g. myocardial infarction, meningitis, anaphylaxis etc.
* When assessing children, utilise local and national child protection policies and protocols
* Identify and participate in the capability/disciplinary/grievance processes as necessary.
Be conversant with the Major Incident and Fire Evacuation procedures
* Participate in clinical supervision on a regular basis
* Contribute to risk recognition and reduction in both clinical care and the working environment by utilising the "incident" policy and initiating immediate action as required, e.g. removing faulty equipment.
* To be assessed as competent to work autonomously using agreed protocols, guidelines and PGD's or in accordance with independent nurse prescribing.
* Work constantly within the NMC/HCPC Code of Professional Conduct.
* To be an advocate for patients, ensuring that the correct treatment and advice is given, even when challenged by other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
* To ensure that all information pertaining to clinical care of the patient is shared with all members of the multi-disciplinary team where appropriate for optimum outcomes.
The work is an ongoing contract for between 6 and 12 months.
If you want to make a difference, we have exciting full and part time opportunities available for experienced and dedicated Registered General Nurses (RGN) who have recent UK experience in a similar role to provide care and support in and around Cambridgeshire.
Benefits of being a Medacs Healthcare Agency Nurse :
* Your choice of shifts
* Fast track registration
*Experienced recruitment consultants
*24-hour support service
*Free mandatory training
*Refer a nurse bonus scheme
Competitive rates available, earn up to £41.00 per hour
Medacs Healthcare welcomes PAYE, Umbrella and Limited Company employees
NEXT DAY PAYROLL FOR PAYE EMPLOYEES - WORK TODAY - BE PAID TOMORROW
Minimum requirements :
Minimum 6 months recent relevant UK experience.
Full occupational health immunisation to include Hep B, MMR, Varicella and TB.
Current NMC Pin No
Why Medacs Healthcare?
With a reputation for delivering high quality care, Medacs Healthcare is one of the UK's leading nursing agencies.
As well as being committed to caring for our clients, Medacs Healthcare also cares for its staff. Our professional and friendly approach gives our workers the support they need to grow and develop in their role. Our staff are valued and encouraged to be the best they can be.
So if you are passionate about caring, join Medacs Healthcare today.
How to apply:
Apply today by clicking the "apply for this job" button. Alternatively please call The Recruitment Team on 0800 442 207 / 01785 236 202.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those that are suitable. We thank you in advance for your application.
About Medacs Healthcare
Medacs Healthcare is a healthcare recruitment agency for Registered General Nurses (RGNs), Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) and Healthcare Assistants (HCAs). We can offer you a fantastic variety of long and short term temporary nursing jobs.