HSE NCHD Registrar Psychiatry- Old Age Republic of Ireland ( Munster Region) on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
***Speciality: Psychiatry- Old Age / Psychiatrist
*** Role: Registrar (4+ years post graduate experience)
*** Location: Republic of Ireland – Munster Region (Clare, Limerick, Tipperary, Waterford, Cork, Kerry)
*** Start date: ASAP
*** Pay rate: 60,000 to 80,000 Euro’s (dependent on experience)
*** Must have IMC Registration (Irish Medical Council) Essential – in process of obtaining- we can advise you!
*** Duration: 12 months FREE Visa & Work Permit Offered
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential
*** Note: Exact location details provided on application
With the Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction. With this reason among many doctors throughout the world are looking to take the step onto the ladder of career progression and satisfaction.
Hours of Work
a) When rostered to attend on any day Monday to Friday, the NCHD (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor) must work a minimum shift of 6 hours. When rostered to attend on Saturday or Sunday, the NCHD (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor) must work a minimum shift of 5 hours.
b) The NCHD (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor) shall not be required to work for more than 24 consecutive hours on-site.
c) The Employer will ensure that the NCHD (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor) is rostered to work on-site for a period of 24 hours on no more than a 1 in 5 basis other than in exceptional circumstances.
d) Rosters must provide for a handover period between each shift. Handover periods must be of at least 30 minutes in duration.
e) The NCHD may not be rostered to work a split shift
f) The NCHD (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor) is contracted to undertake such duties / provide such services as are set out in Contract that is issued at the time of a job offer in the manner specified for 39 hours per week. The 39 hours are as determined by the roster and include a paid lunch break.
g) The NCHD (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor) is required to deliver these hours on any 5 days out of the 7 in a week as determined by the Employer.
h) above are subject to amendment in accordance with Clause 2.3 of the agreement made between the Health Service Executive and the Irish Medical Organisation on the 22nd day of January 2010.
i) The NCHD may be required to: i) provide overtime services (on-call on-site services) on-site in addition to the 39 hours.
ii) provide on-call off-site services outside core and/or overtime hours as determined by the Clinical Director / Employer;
iii) work beyond his/her rostered period in line with the exigencies of the service. The Employer will endeavour to ensure that this will be an exceptional rather than a standard requirement.
j) A minimum notice period of 2 weeks will apply for provision of initial rosters.
The post holder will:
• Provide, in conjunction with consultant colleagues, general psychiatric care to patients within the catchment area of the Health Board within the region, having particular responsibility for those patients residing within his or her agreed sector, offering expert clinical advice on clinical issues.
• Provide extensive liaison work with a variety of colleagues and services, including primary care, elderly care medicine, Social Services, the Independent Sector and the Alzheimer’s Society with the Republic of Ireland
• Provide a clinical service, with colleagues, which will include the responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
• Be required to adhere to the principles of good medical practice laid down in the guidance of ‘Good Medical Practice’ issued by the Irish Medical Council (IMC).
• Be required to participate in the Health Board’s risk management process and in clinical audit and other healthcare governance activities within the department, the directorate and the Trust. Adherence to HSE Principles is mandatory. The post holder will be positively encouraged to participate in research and development. Levels of audit and research activities will be agreed through the job planning process.
• Be required to participate in the Health Board’s Appraisal Scheme and to formulate a Personal Development Plan, in conjunction with the Clinical Director or the Clinical Lead for Old Age Psychiatry, to identify training and development needs. You will be expected to participate in personal and professional development to fulfil Royal College CME requirements. You will also be required to undergo annual job plan review and meet service outcomes
• Be expected to make a significant contribution to the directorate planning process through active participation in the clinical directorate structure.
• The successful candidate will need to have knowledge and have to work within the framework of the Quality Framework Mental Health (2007)
• Assume a continuing commitment for the care of patients and ensure, in consultation with colleagues, that adequate arrangements are made for cover of leave and off-duty periods
• Travel as necessary between hospitals/clinic will be required to undertake such duties.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities
a) The NCHD’s standard duties and responsibilities include, as directed by the Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer to, inter alia:
i) participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of medical care to patients;
ii) diagnose and treat patients;
iii) ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that prioritises the safety and well being of patients;
iv) assess patients on admission and/or discharge as required and write detailed reports in the case notes;
v) order and interpret diagnostic tests;
vi) initiate and monitor treatment;
vii) communicate effectively with patients and clients;
viii) further progress knowledge of diagnosis and management; ix) participate in multidisciplinary clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information for same; x) co-operate with such arrangements as are put into place to verify the delivery of all contractual commitments;
xi) co-operate with such measures as are necessary to ensure compliance with the requirements of the European Working Time Directive and related Irish legislation;
xii) co-operate with investigations, enquiries or audit relating to the provision of health services; xiii) comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, agreed training principles3 where appropriate, corporate policies and procedures and human resource policies and procedures (e.g. Dignity at Work, Trust in Care, Flexible Working Scheme etc.);
xiv) attend at NCHD Induction. Induction training before the commencement of the employment relationship is not paid, while induction training during the currency of the employment relationship is paid;
xv) perform other duties as required by the supervising Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer.
b) Additional duties and responsibilities related to this post may be set out in the job description as issued by the Employer.
c) The NCHD is entitled during his/her employment to regular review of his/her performance - including MET/Research performance – by and together with the designated supervisory Consultant/ Clinical Director / Head of Academic Department.
d) When carrying out these duties, the NCHD shall abide by the Irish Medical Council ‘Guide to Ethical Conduct and Behaviour’ (copy available directly from the Medical Council of Ireland
a) Overtime refers to work on-call on-site as required by the Employer in excess of the average 39 hours worked in each week of the roster period.
b) Where the NCHD is rostered to work in excess of 39 hours in any week as part of a roster covering a number of weeks, payment may be calculated in such a manner as to provide for payment of:
i) no more than 39 hours for each week worked during the roster period at the standard hourly rate; ii) all additional hours7 in excess of i) above at the rate of time and a half.
c) All hours worked in excess of the averaged 39 hours each week are liable for payment at time and a half.
d) Unrostered overtime approved by the relevant Consultant / Clinical Director will be paid to the NCHD. The Employer may query such unrostered overtime or approval of same. Should a query be made, the NCHD will be notified of same. Payment will be made subsequent to any queries regarding such unrostered overtime being resolved
Medical Education and Training
a) For the purposes of NCHD education, training and the maintenance of NCHDs professional competence, the employer shall, in line with the requirements of the Medical Practitioners Act 2007, facilitate as appropriate the training / competence assurance requirements of NCHD posts.
b) For the purposes of education, training and the maintenance of professional competence, the NCHD shall, in line with the requirements of the Medical Practitioners Act 2007:
i) participate in and satisfy the requirements of any programme of Intern training (s)he is registered on as defined by the Medical Council of Ireland; or
ii) participate in and satisfy the requirements of any programme of specialist training (s)he is registered on as defined by the relevant postgraduate medical training body recognised by the Medical Council of Ireland; or
iii) participate in and satisfy the requirements of any competence assurance programme (s)he is registered on as defined and delivered by the Medical Council of Ireland and/or a postgraduate medical training body recognised by the Medical Council of Ireland for that purpose.
c) The NCHD may, subject to the agreement of the Employer, make an explicit structured and scheduled commitment to educational activities in line with the educational and training requirements described at b) above. This will include paid non-clinical training days (or part of as appropriate) as required by the relevant programme of specialist training / competence assurance. Such structured and scheduled commitment and responsibility and accountability for same will be agreed in advance by the Employer with the relevant Training Body or University, will be consistent with the agreed training principles for postgraduate medical education and training and shall be incorporated into rosters.
NCHD - (Non Consultant Hospital Doctor)
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th year medical students.
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses & MRCPsych candidates
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online today (see below).