Consultant Medicine- Neurology in Leinster Region - Republic of Ireland on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Must have IMC (Specialist Division) Registration (Irish Medical Council) - Essential
*** Location: Republic of Ireland - Leinster Region (Louth, Meath, Longford, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare)
***Speciality: Medicine Neurology
*** Pay rate: €120,000 to €160,893 Euro’s (dependant on experience)
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Duration:12 months FREE Visa & Work Permit Offered
*** Start date: ASAP
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential (overseas doctors only)
***Exact location details provided upon application
Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
The HSE Trust wishes to make a full-time appointment of a Consultant Neurologist. This is primarily to strengthen acute neurology services in the Trust and support the expansion of Neuroinflammation/ Multiple Sclerosis specialist care pathway. The Trust is one of the 4 regional neurosciences centres in The Republic of Ireland
Clinical Duties (guideline only)
• To contribute to the provision of a comprehensive, responsive and efficient neurology service, reducing hospital length of stay and enabling patients to return to the community.
• To support the provision of specialist assessment and delivery of care of patients attending the Neuroinflammation/Multiple Sclerosis service.
• To actively contribute and participate in approved clinical research trials in neurology.
• To share responsibility with all consultant colleagues for providing evidence-based standards of care for all inpatients and outpatients.
• To have regard at all times to the clinical and quality standards set out in the Patients Charter and the local commissioning contracts.
• To liaise effectively and on a timely basis with General Practitioners, community services and all healthcare agencies.
• To maintain and promote team and multi-disciplinary work with the specialties working closely and regularly with the neurology services on both sites including neuroradiology and neurosurgery at the hospital.
• To develop and maintain the governance process at clinical and managerial levels for acute stroke care, to take part in regional audit in support of evidence-based medicine.
• To liaise closely with the General Managers, Clinical Lead in Neurology and Neurosurgery, the Clinical/Divisional Directors in Neurosciences, Medicine and Surgery.
• To take part in continuing medical education activities. There will also be a commitment to undergraduate as well as postgraduate teaching in the departments.
• Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge, including all administrative duties associated with patient care.
• Leadership and proper functioning of the services in his/her charge in line with agreed policies at the Trust.
• Corporate and singular responsibility for the management of the junior medical staff including the approval and monitoring of junior staff rotas and locum appointments.
• To provide efficient in-patient liaison with non-neurological specialities with a view to effective management of neurological conditions in the Trusts.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee, the Operational Medical Director and Lead Neurology Medicine Consultant, on behalf of the Trust’s Medical Director, based on the provisional timetable. This will be signed by the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment.
It will be reviewed at 3 months & thereafter annually or at any time, but no less than 3 months after a previous review, as requested by the appointee, Operational Medical Director or Clinical Lead Neurologist / General Medicine Consultant & adjusted accordingly to the agreement of both parties.
Standard Duties and responsibilities
a) To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence, as set out within the Clinical Directorate Service Plan and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
b) To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
c) To work within the framework of the hospital / agency’s service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
d) To co-operate with the expeditious implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure
e) To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
f) To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
g) To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
h) To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the European Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
i) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
j) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
k) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
l) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th & 5th year medical students.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses.
This post is open to doctors who hold Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Registrar of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of Clinical and Neurology Medicine.
Office accommodation will be provided for the appointee with secretarial support.
All Consultants are required to attend the monthly Directorate Meetings. Post holders will be expected to share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate. As part of the Consultant Team, the consultant will offer mentoring support and lead the existing clinical team through; one-to-one support, individual case management and complex cases, identifying development needs and suggesting CPD (Continuous Professional Development) opportunities and responding to clinical enquiries via e-mail and telephone.
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
***Assistance provided with relocation
You are able to also apply online (see below) We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to email@example.com or apply online today (see below).
***Please note due to the high number of applications, we do answer every application in turn.***