A locum is required to:
1. To provide general basic nursing care under indirect supervision of the practice nurse team, undertaking tasks and duties delegated by a suitably qualified regulated professional.
2. To provide clinical administrative support as required.
3. To work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, following policy and procedures alongside nurses and administrative staff in the service and delivery of the care management of the practice population.
4. To assist the Medical Officer's (MOs) and practice nurse teams within Primary Health Care clinics, Occupational Health assessment clinics, chronic disease clinics, health promotion.
5. To provide a range of clinical measurements, visual acuity, Electrocardiogram (ECG), venepuncture, peak flow readings, spirometry, urinalysis and preparation of specimens for investigation.
6. To communicate effectively with patients in specific clinical situations.
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience
8. Must have National Vocational Qualification (NVQ/SVQ) Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
9. Must have a minimum of 2 years recent experience within the last 3 years of working in general practice or other healthcare environment as a HCA.
10. Must hold in date Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Level 3 certificates.
Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.