OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION- SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
1. To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, under the Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) organisation, delivering Primary Health Care (PHC) services and elements of Occupational Health to entitled Defence Medical Services (DMS) personnel.
2. To be responsible to the Senior Medical Officer and/or Lead/ Senior Nurse and provide routine clinics to meet the need of the Population at Risk (PAR).
3. To be involved in the development of programmes of care/service delivery within their scope of practice, including the ability to perform audits and conduct electronic searches, to meet the demands of the PAR.
B. STANDARDS TO WHICH A REGISTERED NURSE MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICE.
4. To comply with regulatory standards set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct.
5. To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) 950 Medical Policy.
C. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
6. Must be Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid, in date Personal Identification Number (PIN) and not subject to any restrictions of practice.
7. Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
8. Have a minimum of one year's post registration current experience (within the last 3 years) in a Band 5 or higher grade in Primary Healthcare (PHC) setting.
9. Must hold in date BLS, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Level 3 certificates.
10. Must hold an accredited certificate of training obtained in the last 3 years of:
a. Immunisation and vaccination: (including children if a families practice)
c. Ear Care (including irrigation)
d. Minor injuries and illnesses.
D. DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
11. Accredited qualifications and experience in the following areas:
a. Level 5/6/7 Clinical Supervision
b. Level 6/7 Management of Long Term Conditions
c. Level 5/6/7 Asthma
d. Level 5/6/7 Diabetes
e. Travel Health
f. Level 5/6/7 Coronary Heart Disease
g. Cervical Cytology
h. Smoking Cessation
i. ENB 998, Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP), Mentorship
12. Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.
13. Competent in the use of Patient Group Directives (PGDs) in a PHC setting.