We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Paediatric Sonographer.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the Paediatric Sonographer, under the supervision of the Manager - Sonography, performs the operational activities pertaining to the ultrasound imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service. The ultrasound imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and interventional sonography procedures on paediatric patients on a referral basis and conducts medical research. Through the production of high quality images, the Paediatric Sonographer is responsible to ensure a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
Key Role Accountabilities:
• Working independently, performs all routine and specialized Sonography procedures, and associated responsibilities, as dictated by the workload in the rostered area. Plans, prioritizes and organizes Sonography workload, ensuring the necessary patient care is provided to patients of all ages
• Acts independently in the assessment of referrals for Ultrasound examinations, taking full responsibility to reduce unnecessary ionizing radiation exposure of patients and utilizing skills to assess a patient's condition, often acute, decide on an appropriate method to obtain a diagnostic image from a range of options
• Participates in standby and on call roster systems for the Diagnostic Imaging service, in imaging areas appropriate to training and qualifications, as designated by senior staff.
• Provides support and relief for department manager as required
• Adheres to departmental and applicable organizational policies, procedures and regulations relevant to the Sonography patient care team. Maintains accurate and concise records of all imaging received by the patient using the appropriate systems
• Supports the Supervisor - Sonography Paediatrics to manage and maintain a high level of expertise and reducing faults/issues effectively to guarantee the safe operations of the Sonography equipment, ensuring an efficient flow and optimal utilization of resources
• Implements directed change to effect continual improvement in services provided, and ensures compliance with all internal and external standards as well as regulatory and legal requirements
• Involves in the training and development of new employees on equipment and procedures in the area of operations in alignment with the departments and Sidra's training objectives and plans
Full job description available upon request.
• BSc in Medical Imaging or equivalent
• Post Graduate qualification required if base degree is not within the sonography field
• 2+ Years Relevant Experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
• Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CAMRT/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as a Ultrasound technologist
• Licensed in country of origin as Ultrasound technologist
• Eligible for licensure as a Ultrasound technologist in the State of Qatar
• Demonstrated extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in Ultrasound
• Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS).
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Joint Commission and Joint Commission International accreditation standards and radiation safety guidelines
• Management/leadership/training diploma certification or course attendance
• Experience in a dedicated pediatric medical imaging facility
• Knowledge and clinical experience in paediatric ultrasound protocols and procedures
• Leadership experience
• Post graduate certification in Ultrasound recognised by the ARRT/CAMRT/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board
• Paediatric Ultrasound techniques
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
Click on apply to forward your application to Cavendish Professionals or request further information from: