ID Medical is looking for qualified Hospital Pharmacists in the Yorkshire and Humber region. As an expert in your field, you will be responsible for dispensing medicine as well advising medical and nursing staff on patient treatment. You will also be expected to advice patients on all aspects of their prescriptions whenever required and clarify any possible side effects. Strong communication skills are key to this role.
Responsibilities of Hospital Pharmacist:
* Dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and prescribing nurses
* Advise clinical staff and patients on drug dosage, side effects, conflicts and correct storage
* Review prescriptions to ensure absolute accuracy at all times
* Work with other clinical staff to plan, monitor and review effectiveness of prescriptions
* Monitor prescription trends to prevent undesirable or harmful interactions or excessive use.
* Maintain stock levels and order pharmaceutical supplies
* Maintain accurate records and inventories at all times
* Great communication skills
* Highly analytical
* Constant attention to detail
* Strong observational skills
All applicants must be GPhC registered and have at least 6 months NHS experience.
Permanent and locum positions are available.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical:
* ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, our award-winning team at ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.