Our Client is looking for Registered Nurses across a diverse range of specialities!
This NHS Trust employs nearly 5,000 staff and provides a comprehensive range of acute and community based services from four sites in and around Chelmsford, Maldon and Braintree.
The Trust enjoys a strong clinical reputation and provides a wide range of services including A&E, emergency medicine and surgery, elective surgery in most specialties, and maternity and paediatric services. It also hosts regional plastics, head and neck and upper gastrointestinal (upper GI) surgical services and a supra-regional burns service to a population of 9.8 million.
The Registered Nurse (Staff Nurse) is required:
* To provide a high standard of individualised care to patients, whilst maintaining at all times their privacy and dignity.
* To assess care needs, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care.
* To contribute to supporting the Sister
* To support the maintenance of high standards of cleanliness in their own clinical area
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Clinical function
* To practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Trust policies procedures and guidelines.
* To consistently organise and deliver individualised patient car, ensuring patients physical, social and psychological needs are met
* To communicate effectively and work in partnership with patients, their relatives/carers, nursing colleagues and members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure care is delivered in an accurate and efficient manner.
* To contribute to supporting the Sister to maintain and improve and develop high standards of patient care, and thereby ensuring that the patients are treated with privacy, dignity and respect.
* Support the Sister in actively implementing initiatives out lined within the trust's local Nursing and Midwifery and Patient Involvement & Experience Strategies
* To assist the Sister in ensuring that nursing practice reflects current clinical developments, evidence based guidance and is based on sound nursing audit and research, identifying opportunities for the promotion and participation in such activities
* Embrace the Essence of care framework and actively participate in its implementation
* Management responsibility
* To manage a group of patients and take charge of the department on occasions when sufficient experience has been gained under supervision during the absence of Senior staff
* Establish and maintain good communication with the department administrative, housekeeping and domestic staff
* To support the Senior Sister in managing recourses effectively
* To be an effective team member
* To be responsible for ensuring all patients and their relatives/carers are kept fully informed of patients treatment and progress and after care
* To report all accidents, hazards, incidents and complaints in accordance with Trust policies and assist in investigation of them as required
* Demonstrate appropriate assertiveness and ability to challenge others when the rights of patients and others may be infringed
* Promote interdisciplinary working, with outcomes aimed at the best interests of patients and cohesive service delivery
* Generate and sustain relationships that promote dignity, rights and responsibilities
* Be accountable for own practice and for the delegation of care given to more junior colleagues, support workers, plaster technicians and students.
* Infection control and cleanliness
* To support the Senior Sister in monitoring and sustaining high standards of cleanliness in own clinical area
* To be actively involved in all infection control audits undertaken within department
* To act as a role model in relation to embedding the Code of Practice for the Prevention and control of healthcare associated infections
Education and Development Responsibility
* Promote and develop and maintain a culture within the department in collaboration with Senior Sister which challenges and questions practice and promotes the quality of thing amongst practitioners. Ensuring that untrained staff and students receive effective and documented induction, mentorship, development and support
* Actively participate in developmental opportunities
* Work creatively to develop practice and new ways of working in collaboration with Senior Sister
* Fully engage in one's own appraisal / performance review ensuring that there is clarity on the level of authority held for all aspects of the role and that they are regularly reviewed.
* Maintain an active Nursing and Midwifery Council registration
* Undertake all relevant training updates
* Maintain an up to date revalidation portfolio to support knowledge skills framework and professional development
* Management of clinics
* Working in the plaster room (training will be given)
* Take charge of the department following appropriate training in the absence of Senior Sister/ Charge nurse
If you are a Registered Nurse interested in this fantastic opportunity do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com!