We currently have an exciting opportunity for full-time Band 7 IBD CNS within the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Service at an important London NHS Trust.
Aim of the Role:
* To provide a specialist nursing contribution to the clinical management of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), working autonomously and in collaboration with multidisciplinary professionals ensuring the IBD service maintains a consistent high standard contributing to the improved outcomes for patients with IBD.
* To provide specialist nursing advice and procedures to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers without supervision in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team in line with local and national targets.
* The post holder will provide specialist nursing care and support and deputise for their line manager in the management of their clinical speciality. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in a variety of settings.
* To be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and to provide cover for any area specified acting as professional role model providing direct and indirect clinical care, teaching and training, research and lead clinical audits in own specialist area
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/ patients and relatives/ carers in collaboration with the multi-professional team, in line with the local and national targets
* Maintain and promote effective communication both verbally and in writing with all members of the multi-disciplinary team attending the MDTs as part of the multidisciplinary team.
* Maintain and improve communication links with primary and secondary care in order to optimise the IBD service and contribute to the improvement of cancer waiting times and quality of service provision.
* Work with other health professionals, and patients in order to reduce length of hospital stay, promote timely discharge and prevent/minimise readmission
* To assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care, providing specialist advice and actively seeking evidence based practice which will improve the quality of care and meet the needs of a group of Inflammatory bowel patients. This includes managing a case load of patients with complex IBD needs maintaining responsibility and accountability for all elements of professionals nursing practice
* Maintain and update own clinical expertise and contribute as role model to ensure the delivery of nursing care is at highest possible level to meet patient care.
* Set and monitor clinical standards of excellence in order to optimise quality of service provision
* Ensure that nursing documentation is maintained to the NMC and Trust standard (including electronic records) and implement audits of records to measure and evaluate care planning
* Provide information and support to relatives/carers as appropriate, following consultation with members of the multi-disciplinary team. This includes providing comprehensive, evidence based information to patients with IBD and GI disorders, to empower them to make informed decisions with regard to their care and management options.
* Work in partnership with support staff to ensure that care, treatment and service needs are meet.
* To be aware of and champion current trends and developments in nursing and in the NHS
* Participate in scheduled nurse led IBD clinics, and in addition manage and review patients on an urgent basis where necessary, in order to provide and expert, efficient service and ensure effective contribution to chronic disease management
* To manage the efficient and effective use of supplies, provisions and equipment within delegated budgets. Specifically in conjunction with the gastroenterology pharmacy team, to coordinate prescriptions for the homecare company to enable smooth transfer over to the biosimilar with no waste of previous product.
* Have continuing responsibility for the provision of a suitable, clean, uncluttered and safe environment for the physical and psychological well-being of staff, patients/clients and their relatives
* Actively seek evidence based practice which will support clinical outcomes as appropriate
* In conjunction with the MDT develop a mechanism for setting goals and benchmarking standards of care
* Undergraduate Degree in nursing or related subject
* Teaching and Assessing qualification or equivalent teaching experience.
* Post registration experience in a relevant speciality
* Demonstrate commitment through involvement in Trust wide initiatives/ committees
* Able to demonstrate highly developed specialist knowledge of own patient group
* Knowledge of research and audit including implementation of findings and review of outcomes
* Evidence of continuing professional development
* Influencing skills.
* Self directed able to generate new idea's to develop and improve services
* Demonstrable ability to meet Trust values
* Maintain a friendly, caring, safe environment for staff, patients and visitors
If you are interested please send me an email at email@example.com