I am looking for Registered Staff Nurses on various specialities!
The Trust is one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the country and is a leading clinical and academic centre with a national and international reputation for excellence. This is due to the skill and dedication of the people who work here and it is their teamwork, energy, commitment and imagination that make us one of the best hospitals in the UK.
The Trust's philosophy is to keep the patient at the heart of everything we do and we expect staff to uphold our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent at all times.
Supporting you to be the best you can be
The Trust is committed to bringing the best out of its employees. We want everyone who works here to enjoy job satisfaction and feel proud to be an employee of the Trust. Each pay band has a set of Performance Standards which explains the level of competency and standard of delivery required to perform the role, you can download the performance standard for this post with the application pack. The Trust is committed to providing on-going feedback, development and an annual appraisal discussion.
To provide a high standard of safe individualised, holistic and evidence-based patient focused care in consultation with the patient, relatives and the multidisciplinary team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Using Clinical knowledge/expertise, provide a high standard of skilled care to patients based on a full assessment of the individuals needs in consultation with the multi-professional team.
* To devise and evaluate care plans based on the assessment process with realistic nursing goals with the consultation patients, family and the multi-professional team.
* To ensure due regard to given customs, and spiritual beliefs of patients values carers and their relatives.
* To promote and role model effective communication within the multi-professional team.
* To act as a link nurse.
* To identify the learning needs of patients, relatives and staff and, in consultation with the Sister/Team Leader to plan and implement programmes to meet those needs, thereby improving practice.
* To ensure all written documentation adheres to the Trust's documentation standards.
* To be a mentor/learning resource for learners/junior staff.
* To develop own knowledge base, ensuring practice is evidence based and contributes to the enhancement of patient care.
* To act as a reflective practitioner, questioning clinical practice.
* To actively participate in departmental education programmes.
* To participate in reviewing Policies and Procedures to improve outcomes and the quality of service provided.
* To act in a professional manner and as a role model to other staff members.
* To ensure effective and efficient use of all ward/department resources.
* To maintain competence in the essential skills required for delivering care within the clinical area.
* To actively participate in the implementation of any change in practice within the clinical area.
* To accept personal accountability for own practice as a Registered Nurse and to work at all times within the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct.
* To adhere at all times to Addenbrookes Hospital Policies and Procedures.
Additional responsibilities for Senior Staff Nurses, dependent on experience and competency
When in Charge of a shift;
* To provide leadership to all members of the ward promoting effective teamwork.
* To be responsible to ensure the clinical area has appropriate numbers and skill mix for the dependency level of the patients for the next 24 hours.
* To liaise with management, bleep holders and bed managers regarding admissions and staffing issues and act according to local policy.
* To maintain a positive approach to achievement within the team.
* To ensure adequate provision and maintenance of equipment and the resources required for the next 24 hours.
* Induction, support and teaching.
* To facilitate the orientation and induction of staff to the clinical area.
* To ensure all members of staff receive support and mentorship.
* To supervise and teach student nurses and less experienced staff.
* To teach those practical skills in which you are competent to junior members of the team
* ON-CALL REQUIRMENTS:
* IRREGULAR OR UNSOCIAL HOURS: As per clinical area:
* This job description may be altered to meet changing service needs and will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder.
* The starting salary for the post will be based on your current salary and relevant experience. The KSF outline for the post is under development
If you have any queries or would be interested in attending an interview, please don't hesitate to email me at email@example.com