RGN'S / RNLD'S / RMN'S/ OT'S /PT'S / PARAMEDICS
NO MORE SHIFTS !
If you are looking for a new challenge or just wanting to change your role then do give us a call , this position allows continuation of your Registration , Hours of work are Mon - Fri 9 til 5 , giving you the Opportunity of having all weekends and evening free.
Overview of role & main responsibilities:
* To undertake examinations using Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) protocols to support decision making in the assessment of disability and incapacity.
* To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
* To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
* To be motivated, show commitment and be flexible at all times
Essential requirements of Role
* Registration and continuous professional development should be maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration and Practice (PREP) standards set by the NMC
* Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
* To work to agreed productivity, quality targets and standards and to respond positively to feedback.
* To undertake recorded assessments where required.
* To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary.
* To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
* Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
* Have highly developed both oral and written communications skills and be able to negotiate successfully and respond to rapidly changing work environment.
* Be able to apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the HCPC Code of Professional Conduct.
* Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as requested by the Site Manager or Clinical Leader..
Essential skills and experience
* Registered General Nurse, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a minimum of two years post registration experience.
* Broad based experience and assessment skills. Previous experience of disability assessment and experience of clinical decision making desirable (e.g. A & E, NHS Direct)
* IT literate with experience of using a range of software. To have completed ECDL or equivalent is desirable.
* Ability to travel to a range of locations as the business requires.
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of change management and the ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a range of people.
* Evidence of responding to unexpected changes by adopting a flexible approach to work
* Evidence of on-going professional development
* Ability to work to specified standards
* Ability to multi-task demonstrating that you are able to listen, assess and take notes and have the confidence to control an assessment.
For further detail please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 605 6031