CALLING ALL RMN'S/RGN'S/RNLD'S.
NO MORE SHIFTS!!
COVERING BRADFORD, BARNSLEY & SCUNTHORPE ASSESSMENT CENTRES
If you are looking for a new challenge or just wanting to change your role , this position allows continuation of your Registration , Hours of work are Mon - Fri 9 til 5 , giving you the Opportunity of having all weekends and evening free.
You will be covering holidays + sickness in our North East sites (Newcastle, Gateshead, Redcar and have the oppotunity to meet all of our staff and built a good repore with the team, Flexibility is essential, the Regional PIP Assessor role would give you the oppotunity to progress , if you wish to do so.
Please contact us if you feel this role is suited to yourself.
Overview of role & main responsibilities:
* To Travel to different sites in the North East covering sickness and Holiday cover.
* To undertake examinations using Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) protocols to support decision making in the assessment of disability and incapacity.
* To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
* To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
* To be motivated, show commitment and be flexible at all times
Essential requirements of Role
* Registration and continuous professional development should be maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration and Practice (PREP) standards set by the HCPC
* Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
* To work to agreed productivity, quality targets and standards and to respond positively to feedback.
* To undertake recorded assessments where required.
* To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary.
* To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
* Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
* Have highly developed both oral and written communications skills and be able to negotiate successfully and respond to rapidly changing work environment.
* Be able to apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the HCPC Code of Professional Conduct.
* Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as requested by the Site Manager or Clinical Leader..
Essential skills and experience
* Registered General Nurse, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a minimum of two years post registration experience.
* Broad based experience and assessment skills. Previous experience of disability assessment and experience of clinical decision making desirable (e.g. A & E, NHS Direct)
* IT literate with experience of using a range of software. To have completed ECDL or equivalent is desirable.
* Ability to travel to a range of locations as the business requires.
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of change management and the ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a range of people.
* Evidence of responding to unexpected changes by adopting a flexible approach to work
* Evidence of on-going professional development
* Ability to work to targets and specified standards
* Ability to multi-task demonstrating that you are able to listen, assess and take notes and have the confidence to control an assessment.
Part time is optional.
Full training is provided.
For further detail please contact AssessorJobs@Medacs.com or call Carly Dack on 08456056031