As the Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioner, you will be accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist during surgical procedures. You will ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and HCA Healthcare UK's Code of Conduct.
Salary from: £31,630-£35,822 - Dependent on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
- The post holder will be appraised on an annual basis and the process will include a review of the past year’s performance, setting of aims and objectives for the coming year and identification of education needs.
Skills & Experience
- RGN or Registered ODP (HCPC)
- Anaesthetics course
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Mentorship course or willingness to undertake the course
- Airway Management and care of the unconscious the patient
- Effective communication and ability to maintain accurate documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of different emergency situations
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
0207 861 8777