Our client is the owner of a successful, small pharmacy group, located in North West England. He is now looking to take a step back from the business and recruit a Group Business Manager to reinvigorate, develop and drive the business forward. Applicants must be GPhC registered pharmacists.
The general location is North West England (Liverpool/Manchester area). This is a newly-created position, so nothing is set in stone but at this juncture, the owner envisages this person spending some of their time working in one of the quieter pharmacies and combining that role with their Group Business Manager responsibilities.
The Group Business Manager will assume day-to-day operational control of the business and be charged with maximising its effectiveness and profitability.
You will be charged with driving improvement across the business, with a particular focus on:
* Reviewing, reducing and controlling costs
* Streamlining and improving business processes
* Maximising and monitoring the performance of pharmacists and other staff
* Increasing prescription numbers, developing services and maximising income
There is lots of scope for improvement across the business and there is a huge sense of personal and professional satisfaction to be gained from driving this business forward and putting your own stamp on it.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be appointed as a director (after an agreed settling in period).
A very competitive salary will be offered, which will fairly reflect the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
The owner hasn't ruled out the possibility of providing an opportunity to earn equity in the business further down the line (although this will not form part of the negotiations surrounding the initial appointment).
Key Skills and Qualifications
* GPhC registered Pharmacist.
* Experience of working for an independent business (especially in relation to managing finances and understanding the principles of effective drug purchasing).
* Quality driven and business process improvement orientated.
* Recruitment skills; strong staff-management and development skills (ability to educate others on how to work and then to monitor them to ensure they are doing so correctly).
* Collaborative - able to work closely with an established Superintendent and Purchasing Manager.
* Energetic and committed (not a 9 to 5-er).
What Happens Next
If you would like to be considered, please use the 'Apply' button and attach your latest CV. Alternatively, talk to us in confidence about this opportunity and other suitable positions by contacting a member of the Pharmacy Division on 01423 813450 and select option 4.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Pharmacy Jobs
Office Hours Monday-Thursday 9am - 8.30pm Friday 9am - 5.30pm