Position - Service Manager MIU - Hampshire
Location - Hampshire
Reference - ZASEMIU
Salary - Dependent on experience £43,000 per annum
Hours - Full Time - Permanent
Job summary:My Client is looking for a Service Manager in Minor Injuries Unit to cover two sites at a Walk in Centre and Minor Injuries Unit in Hampshire.
The main role of this post holder is one of proactive general management of the unit, maintaining the strategic direction and delivering the agreed contractual requirements and targets and managing the unit within its financial framework. With the Lead Nurse and Lead Practitioner the successful candidate will maintain agreed standards of service and lead, motivate and develop staff.
Key skills required are all round effective management skills supported by good organisational skills, ability to build positive relationships and preferably contract management experience with the ability to create effective rotas for staff to deliver a high quality service.
This will involve leading by example, ensuring all competency and training requirements of staff are met, and delivery of key performance indicators to ensure the safe effective and efficient delivery of care. The role includes reporting of service contractual requirement with the support of the Data Quality manager and presenting these results to the commissioners of the services.
Please note, previous experience of working in a clinical environment is an advantage but not a necessity.
* To have responsibility with the Lead nurses for the safe delivery of Clinical Patient Services, divisional and national targets: including actively monitoring patient satisfaction and the monitoring of patient health outcomes.
* To have responsibility with or in the absence of the Lead Nurse in ensuring clinical Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are met.
* To ensure both units are reflected positively in both internal and external audit activity.
* Working with the team to develop the most efficient processes to support quality patient care whilst reducing wait times. They will enhance the reputation of the MIU/WIC at every opportunity through innovative solutions, review of processes, encouraging and recognising staff to go the extra mile and to ensure communication to patients is accurate and up-to-date. To manage issues effectively and to ensure you provide timely and accurate communication regarding significant issues to the Operations Manager.
* Undertake audits as required to develop or review services alongside the central audit plan. Management of a clear framework for multidisciplinary working and development of services. Ensuring there are guidelines and competencies for all disciplines. Ensure compliance with statutory responsibilities.
* To take responsibility for all aspects of data quality and integrity relating to the service. Development of the non-clinical staff ensuring all annual reviews and 6 monthly reviews are completed as per the policy. Ensuring all clinical staff annual reviews are completed as per the policy.
* To ensure that the complaint process is adhered to and quality responses are sent within policy timelines.
* Take the lead role in the event of any major incident within the unit with/in the absence of the Lead Nurse.
* Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
* Attend and participate in senior team meetings within the centre.
* Support the maintenance of standards of infection prevention and control within the unit.
Skills & Experience
* Experienced in leading multidisciplinary teams.
* Experience of performance management of staff members.
* Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff.
* Evidence of teaching and assessing others.
* Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge of audit.
* Demonstrable critical reasoning skills and decision making.
* Demonstrable evidence of multi-professional/multi-agency working.
* Perceptive, flexible and effective leadership skills.
* Ability to demonstrate effective use of staff and resources.
* Experienced in investigation of clinical incidents and monitoring of clinical key performance indicators.
*Evidence of higher education
*Evidence of Continuous Professional development (CPD)
Key Words - Service Manager, Senior Nurse, Minor Injuries, Management, Private Healthcare, Walk in Centre
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 alternatively
Please forward your CV