Medacs Healthcare are looking for Consultants - Paediatric Anaesthetics for a well-known hospital in Doha, Qatar. Our client is an ultramodern, all digital academic medical center which will sent new standards in patient care for women and children in Qatar.
The Department of Psychiatry will provide world class child and adolescent psychiatry and women mental health services for Sidra Medical and Research Center. The Department of Psychiatry will provide outstanding teaching and education to the medical students, residents and fellows. The Department of Psychiatry will foster the innovative clinical and basic research in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry and women mental health. The Department of Psychiatry coordinates its medical services and collaborates its research and educational activities with Hamad Medical Corporation and Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar. It is anticipated that, by providing specialist and subspecialist expertise in an integrated team environment and concomitantly conducting research, Sidra will become a substantive referral center for patients within Qatar and the region.
The Attending Physician is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder's care. The Attending Physician makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics as per the patient's diagnosed condition
Key Role Accountabilities:
* Responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care and services within Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
* Experience in diagnosis, assessment and treatment of child and adolescent psychiatric conditions.
* Conducts Ward rounds, reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice.
* Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
* Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, manages, and treats all patients placed under post holder's care.
* Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
* Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
* Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
* Liaises with colleagues, allied health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
* Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
* Practices appropriate utilization of the organization's resources.
* Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
* Demonstrates an active interest in teaching of medical students, residents and fellows.
* Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
* Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
* Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
* Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
* Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
* Applicalts with appropriate credentials will apply for faculty appointment with Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
* Completion of residency program in the specialty area from an accredited Western Board.
* Subspecialty Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (or equivalent training or certification)
* 2+ years of post-certification/residency in Child & Adolescent psychiatry in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
* Research, Education or Administration experience
* Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
* Board Certification or its equivalent in Psychiatry from an accredited Western Board.
* Strong Medical Knowledge of established and evolving practice, Diagnostics, Therapeutics and training.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate with varied staff efficiently.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Customer service oriented.
* Flexibility and responsiveness to changing workloads.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
* Fluency in written and spoken English
Personal interviews will be held in London in November 2016. If you would like to register your interest and secure a personal interview, please apply!