We are currently seeking experienced Band 5 Nurses for immediate placement in the Cornwall area. These positions are available on a full time permanent basis.
A passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment needs to be evident. The client is keen to recruit enthusiastic and motivated nurses. If you are a professional and caring staff nurse we want you to join our team to help us continue to provide high quality care for all our patients
We are offering competitive pay rates and the opportunity to work in a busy forward thinking hospital with great success rates.
* To work as a skilled member of the nursing team
* To provide a high standard of compassionate patient centred care.
* To lead and supervise the work of other qualified and unqualified staff within the team
* To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
* To be able to take charge of the ward in the absence of senior nursing staff, as deemed appropriate by the Ward Sister / Charge Nurse or Clinical Matro
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To provide the highest standard of evidence based / research informed nursing care for all patients
* To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care
* To supervise and support members of the ward team to ensure that all patients receive the appropriate care
* To maintain a compassionate, caring and safe environment for all
* To act as an advocate for the patients and their families and or carers, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
* To co-ordinate care involving members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that planned care / treatments are carried out and that multidisciplinary team members are informed of changes in the patient's condition.
* To assist in ensuring that patient safety is a key priority within the daily discharge of duty: actively participating in clinical audit / research, clinical risk and quality issues and the reporting and management of incidents.
* In the absence of senior staff take charge of the shift. This would include maintaining the correct skill mix of staff for patient dependency, bed management, utilisation of time and equipment
* Valid NMC registration or in progress
Areas we cover in Cornwall include:
* St Austell
* St Ives
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.