Senior MRI Radiographer
Working in Ireland
There has never been a better time to come to Ireland to work within the Healthcare System. Ireland is fast recovering from the economic downturn of the last 10 years and there is ongoing growth and investment in the healthcare industry. The country has state of the art healthcare facilities, and our healthcare sector is growing at a significant pace. The Health Service Executive (HSE) is responsible for managing all public health facilities in Ireland and is currently recruiting healthcare professionals across all disciplines, there is also considerable growth within the private healthcare sector.
Due to this demand, there is an urgent need for skilled and experienced Radiographers in Ireland.
Ireland is well placed to offer excellent exposure to anyone who wishes to enhance their experience and employability within an English speaking European country.
To work in Ireland as a Radiographer, you do need to gain registration with the regulatory body CORU. Once you have completed the registration process, and gained recognition of your qualifications and skills, you will be eligible to work within the healthcare systems in Ireland. If you are an experienced Radiographer, in particular there is a demand for MRI Radiographer, you can look forward to interviewing and ultimately working with some of the best hospitals and allied health service providers in Europe.
FRS Recruitment is recruiting for Ireland's leading diagnostic imaging provider. This client provide over 100,000 patients each year with fast access to professional medical scans. Radiologists in this organisation support medical professionals throughout the country by delivering highly efficient and professional radiology services in primary care settings. Radiologists also provide managed services within hospitals.
The successful candidate will gain fantastic experience as this client offers a broad range of diagnostic imaging services , including MRI, CT, X-ray, OPG, DXA and Ultrasound, using the most up-to-date technology and equipment. The company uses advanced teleradiology solutions to ensure swift and professional communication between you, as a clinic based radiologist, and hospital based consultants.
The successful candidate will join a company that is committed to the ongoing professional training and development of their employees.
As a Senior MRI Radiographer you will be responsible for:
* Performance of MRI examinations, X-Ray and DSA.
* Be professionally responsible for all aspect of your own work.
* Be conversant with an observe radiation safety local rules where applicable
* Observe systems of dos reduction-Justification, Optimisation (ALARA), Limitation where applicable.
* Observe practices that protect yourself, the patient and other from direct and scattered radiation.
* Ensure that each examination is fully completed.
* Keep accurate and up to date records on all radiological examination
* Maintain the highest standard of patient care
* Strive to achieve optimum quality radiograph first time i.e. careful consideration to patient identification, justification of examination, relevant clinical history, preparation of patient, patient positioning, choice of imagine equipment, use of anatomical markers, selection of exposure factors, image processing, identification labelling of images.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
1 Hold a BSc in Diagnostic Imagine or equivalent recognised qualification
2 3 + years satisfactory post-qualification experience (including at least 2 years in MRI)
3 Certification of competence in Administering Intravenous Injections
4 Hold current CORU Registration.
5 Post Graduate qualification in MRI desirable but not essential
This is just one of the roles that we at FRS Recruitment, Healthcare & Medical division are recruiting for. FRS Recruitment are market leaders in the Healthcare and Medical sector and we strive to deliver the best possible recruitment service to our candidates. We are happy to offer assistance through the registration and relocation process to facilitate our candidates in securing a rewarding and progressive medical career here in Ireland. If you are interested in any of these vacancies, please contact Eithne Vaughan-Witts, + (0)50 31176 or + (0)86 0217807