ID Medical are currently seeking experienced Specialty Doctors in Anaesthetics and ICU for immediate permanent placement in the Isle of Wight area. This will be within an NHS Trust with a strong clinical reputation and the position will be available on a full or part time basis to suit your needs and availability.
The Island offers the perfect environment to live and work in, with attractive coastal resorts, varied countryside and many areas of outstanding beauty. However, it is also a modern infrastructure, with great transport links not only around the island, but also on and off.
The Trust is recognised for it's excellence in delivery and development of patient services and staff have been recognised for their exemplary service on many occasions throughout the years. The work culture is recognised as "high reliability" which makes it an exceptionally consistant place to work in terms of accomplishing goals and avoiding areas.
Your main duties will consist of the provision of anaesthetic and ICU services for the Trust. You will be required to undertake emergency work provided by resident specialty doctors on two seperate rotas along with covering for maternity out of hours.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practise.
Core duties for the Anaesthetics position would include:
* The supervision of the post holder is shared between all Consultants. The majority of your clinical time will be allocated to theatre sessions, sometimes under the supervision of a more Senior Anaesthetist, but may often be allocated an operating list without direct supervision.
* In these circumstances the on-call Consultant Anaesthetist will be available for advice and assistance if necessary.
* Experienced Doctors may occasionally be required to shadow new ST-1s as part of their on-call commitment but the usual on-call duties are for either Labour Ward or Intensive Care.
* The day after each night on call is free of clinical commitments. These duties are only a guideline and it must be clearly understood that they may be subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the department.
* The department runs a full shift pattern with prospective cover for annual leave and study leave. The full time post is for 10-13 PAs per week.
If you have the following, then please apply today!
* Qualified in Anaesthetics
* Valid GMC registration or registration in progress
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.