We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Acute Care Occupational Health Physician for immediate permanent placement in a successful NHS trust situated in the Cumbria area. The position is available on a full time or part time basis to suit your needs and availability.
Cumbria is perfectly situated in the Lake District where you can experience the natural beauty of the landscape, as well as the covenience of having modern transport links including being close to the M5 and A74.
Joining a dedicated MAU department within a top 10% rated NHS Trust in the UK, the ideal candidate will have a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment demonstrating initiative and confident decision-making skills.
The MAU department is comprised of 30 beds and covers acute admission and short stay for medical admissions only. All patients are admitted directly from the community following an intial assessment by general practice, or from the Emergency Department. Any patients admitted overnight become the responsibility of the acute care physician at 8am, and are reviewed as part of a post-take ward round by the acute care physician.
Core duties would include:
* To ensure that patients admitted onto the emergency floor receive timely senior assessment and decision making to facilitate early discharge or transfer to specialist care. This may include reviewing patients in the Emergency Department to prevent unnecessary transfers to the admission/ assessment unit.
* To provide consultant supervision and review for in patients within the assessment unit and associated short stay ward.
* To be a point of access for GPs for advice and urgent patient review and participate in rapid access/review clinics to prevent admissions.
* To lead the development of acute medicine within the emergency floor, developing and implementing a model of care that is integrated across organisational and professional boundaries and investigating new pathways of managing emergency medical admissions in line with non-urgent care pathways.
* To provide clinical support and leadership for junior doctors and nursing staff involved in the management of patients admitted to the unit.
* To provide teaching and training to junior doctors, medical students, nurses and paramedical staff within the team.
* You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
* Relevant Medical Degree
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.