- As part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will facilitate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients’ care, in a holistic manner.
- In the absence of the ward sister, the post holder will have continuing responsibility for the management of the unit including supervision and deployment of staff.
- Provide specialist clinical practice and theoretical knowledge to the patient, family, carers, colleagues, pre and post registration learners, support staff, medical students, other disciplines, and families.
- The post holder has responsibility and accountability for maintaining both clinical and staff governance.
- To support the modern matron, and senior sister in the development of an environment that promotes staff development and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work 50% of the time in the clinical area supporting staff to develop competencies in specialist areas.
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
- Work within and monitor standards of care within the defined policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the Unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of, a high quality service.
- Ensure all staff are complying with infection control standards and relevant care bundles to the department.
- Ensure effective communication processes are in place to meet the needs of patients, relatives and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- In support of the Charge Nurses ensure that all nursing staff is aware of, and work within, local, directorate and Division policies and procedures to ensure that safe working practices are maintained for both patients and staff.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent cardiology/Oncology clinical skills
- Relevant specialist skills and abilities for the department e.g. Oncology
- Effective managerial, leadership and organisational skills.
- Effective teaching, training and preceptorship skills
- Able to motivate and develop a team of staff
- Able to problem solve and initiate change
- Able to work across professional team and organizational boundaries
- Ability to delegate and prioritise
- Interviewing skills
- Appraisal skills
- Administration of IV drugs
- Significant post registration experience of having worked with Oncology/Cardiology Patients
- Experience of supervising and assessing students
INTERESTED? PEASE CANTACT JESSICA ALVES
0207 861 8777