Position: RMN - Residential Unit - Leeds
Salary: Up to £28,000 - DOE
Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hrs
My client is currently looking for a RMN Nurse to join their residential Unit in Leeds.
The post holder will participate as directed by the management team in the operational functioning of the Residential unit, to provide and facilitate a flexible, supportive and responsive service for adults who have a significant history of mental ill health and distress, and who have complex needs, not easily met by existing services.
The successful candidate will comply with the following:
* The post holder will work as part of a clinical team, with individual responsibilities for key working and co-working a small number of clients in accordance with guidance from senior staff.
* The post holder is expected to coordinate shifts, and to be responsible for the smooth running of the home in the absence of the management team.
* The role expects personal and professional responsibility to be taken by the post holder when providing or supervising support given to clients.
* The role expects the integration into practice of clinical supervision, reflective practice, personal professional development, evidence and research-based practice for themselves and the staff that they supervise.
* The post holder will have a supervisory role in relation to junior members of the team such as new staff, student nurses on placements and mental health support workers.
* Implements the Care Programme Approach (CPA) and adopts the role of care co-ordinator as and when necessary
* Participates in the facilitation of a therapeutic approach, which provides high quality, professional support to clients in line with clear, well documented support plans.
* Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of standards of clinical practice.
* Develop, evaluate and review the effectiveness of support plans in collaboration with clients.
* Actively involves clients and carers in the process of support planning, service evaluation and development and day-to-day activities as appropriate.
* To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of support for individual clients.
* To ensure the health and safety of clients/staff/visitors as far as possible, taking into account risk factors
To take referrals from mental health professionals and undertake assessments under the direction, guidance and support of a member of the management team.
* To maintain a commitment to service user and carer empowerment, and assist and encourage the development of initiatives which encourages involvement in their own care and at a wider service planning and delivery level.
* To ensure that support undertaken is meaningful, respectful, promotes self-determination and is in line with the individual support plan.
* To work as part of a multi-disciplinary mental health team in accordance with the Care Programme Approach, and when necessary to act as a clients Care Programme Coordinator.
* To handle petty cash etc.
* To adhere to CQC standards
Knowledge and skills:
* Good verbal, written and numeracy skills sufficient to be able to make accurate written records,
* Good technical literacy of Microsoft Applications e.g. Word, Excel, and Access etc.
* Good interpersonal skills including listening and display empathy,
* Creative, flexible and imaginative approach to working with people with mental health problems,
* Ability to lead, support and develop junior workers.
* Ability to communicate/participate effectively at a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary level.
* Registered Mental Nurse
* Mentorship in Practice or relevant other training
* Training in counselling or CBT
* Experience of working in residential settings
* Experience of working with clients with complex needs
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information or full job description please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively Please forward your CV