Position- RGN/RNLD- One to One Care Package- Neuro Rehab- East Sussex
Location -East Sussex
Salary- £19.00ph - Uplifts for Night's/ Weekends
About the Role
Our client is a 20 year old young man and whilst he has considerable care needs, has the most wonderful personality and sense of humour. He is wheelchair dependent and requires fully assisted 24 hour care, which includes feeding via a naso gastric tube; he requires tracheal suction and the management of very severe seizures when these occur. At all times, our client has a nurse and carer working together. Whilst unable to verbalise his communication 'our client is very able in making himself understood through signs and noises.
During term time our client regularly attends a further educational establishment twice a week. He likes to go out daily to different local areas and enjoys eating out in different places.
At weekends and in school holidays he enjoys going out in his car and 'people watching', you should therefore be able to drive.
We are now looking to add one or more full time registered nurses (RGN or RNLD) to join 'our client's current team to cover 3 shifts per week on a permanent employed basis.
Whilst past experience of working with severely disabled young people is desirable, your personality, enthusiasm and flexible approach to the requirements of the position are also of significant importance. Your ability to work in a family home and to liaise effectively with my client's parents is of crucial importance also. Full training will be provided.
Working hours are currently managed on a 12 hour day/night shift basis over 7 days a week.
Pay will reflect the successful applicant's skills and past experience.
Clean driving licence and enhanced DBS Disclosure required.
KEY TASKS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To undertake agreed nursing and care needs of my client in accordance with his plan of care.
* Inform oneself of the problems caused by and repercussions of my client's disabilities and specific practises and techniques for effective management of this.
* Work on a one to one basis with my client and undertake all aspects of nursing required to maintain and enhance my client's mental & physical well being.
* Maintain accurate daily records of care provided, activities/incidents and my client's physical and mental status.
* Respect the need for confidentiality regarding information and knowledge of a private personal nature, about my clients and client's family members.
* Report any defects or malfunctioning of equipment in order that it is maintained in working order.
* Ensure that the environment within which my client is nursed and cared for is maintained in a clean and hygienic condition.
* Participate in training and development provided in order to maintain your personal skills and knowledge from time to time.
* To take the lead whilst working and supervise carers on shift
* Ensure the maintenance of high levels of personal care and emotional support for my client
* Undertake all clinical procedures, interventions and emergency protocols established for the effective and safe care of my client
* Contribute in the provision of motivation, direction and in sharing information with other team members in ensuring consistent and high quality care.
* Accompany and support my client whilst attending school
* Contribute to the Induction of new staff.
* To safeguard and promote at all times my client's physical well being comfort and safety.
* Contribute to the undertaking of Risk Assessments and plans form time to time in order to ensure the health and safety of both the client and other team members.
* Ensure my client is not placed in situations, which will put him at risk. If this occurs take all reasonable action to deal with the situation.
* Communicate to the Lead Nurse any deviation from the usual or sudden changes in my clients normal functioning.
* Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post from time to time.
Key Working Relationship:
* Maintaining a professional, constructive and supportive relationship.
* My client's family, ensuring open and frequent communication in order to ensure high quality care
* Lead Nurse, communicating both verbally and electronically all matters pertaining to the health and welfare of my client.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or 077918720922, alternatively please forward your CV