Physician - Pediatric Ophthalmology
Department: Ophthalmology Div
Division: Surgery Dept
Contract Type: Full Time
Medacs Healthcare are looking for a Consultant in Paediatric Ophthalmology for a well-known hospital in Doha, Qatar. Our client is an ultramodern, all digital academic medical center which will sent new standards in patient care for women and children in Qatar.
Interviews will be taking place in London (21st - 22nd and 29th November), Manchester (23rd -24th November), Glasgow (25th November), Dublin (26th - 27th November) and Belfast (28th November).
Reporting to the Division Chief of Ophthalmology, The Senior Physician - Pediatric Ophthalmology performs clinical care, education and research for the Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology and the Department of Surgery. The Pediatric Ophthalmologist will be expected to perform at a high level to provide excellent care for patients and families. The ophthalmologist will be expected to demonstrate leadership for the other members of the Ophthalmology team.
Responsibilities include care for patients in the outpatient setting, inpatient consultations, emergency call coverage, surgical care and surgical teaching, teaching of residents, fellows and other members of the staff, participation in Ophthalmology meetings and Grand Rounds, and participation in individual or team research projects. The ophthalmologist may be expected to run multidisciplinary clinics working with the neuro-developmental, neurofibromatosis, genetics, craniofacial, trauma, and oncology care teams.
The primary disease entities that the service will care for are: retinopathy of prematurity, eyelid deformities and lid lesions, orbital dermoid tumors, orbital cellulitis, congenital corneal malformations, congenital cataract, congenital glaucoma, neurofibromatosis, genetic disorders, retinal dystrophies, strabismus and neuro-ocular lesions, intra ocular tumors and idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
The Pediatric Ophthalmologist is responsible for ensuring a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, their families and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards set down by Sidra Medical and Research Center.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* In conjunction with the Division Chief, Identifies and articulates the vision, strategic direction, and growth of the Division of Pediatric Ophthalmologic Surgery
* Provides excellent patient clinical and surgical care
* Covers emergency and call duties as determined by the Division Chief
* Participates in clinical care at offsite locations such as the Hamad General Hospital as may be required
* Works in a in a congenial, supportive, collaborative and equitable environment. Works collaboratively with other physicians and all other division staff to ensure that cohesive, cross functional teams are maintained.
* Promotes mentorship and academic career development for junior team members.
* Is actively involved in graduate medical education and in education for nursing, technical staff, and other physicians as necessary
* Communicates effectively, consistently, and in a timely manner with colleagues and other staff members
* Keeps excellent and complete electronic medical records.
* Participates actively in departmental meetings, retreats, journal clubs, and other agendas
* Performs departmental duties as requested by the Division Chief
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
* Medical Degree (E.g. MD, MBBS, MBBCH)
* Completion of residency program with specialty experience or training in Ophthalmology from the UK or Republic of Ireland (CCT or CCST only)
* 8+ years of post-certification/residency in Urology in the relevant field from the UK o Republic of Ireland.
* Valid professional License in the UK or Republic of Ireland
* Eligible for licensure as a Ophthalmologist in the State of Qatar
* Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in performing pediatric Ophthalmology
* Demonstrated capacity to participate in multidisciplinary teams for Ophthalmologic care,
* Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership of teaching programs to medical students, residents, and allied health care personnel
* Demonstrated staff and resource management skills
* Capability to work in a digital EMR environment
* Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making Skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suiteFluency in written and spoken English
If you are interested please contact us on:
T: 0203 096 4633