ID Medical is currently seeking multiple Consultant Doctors in Geriatric Medicine for immediate permanent placement in a dynamic and successful NHS Trust. The hospital is located in a beautiful and vibrant town that is fabulous to live in and offers the very best of career opportunities.
Special interests in falls, community liaison, frailty or ortho-geriatrics are welcome but we are happy to accommodate a range of other special interests.
You will be working alongside a dedicated and friendly team that has an exceptional reputation for their service delivery. As part of the team, you will be providing compassionate care to inpatients and outpatients based on the wards within the hospital as well as in the newly developed outpatient unit. The high standard of training and team work has also received considerable praise. This is due to the introduction of a very vibrant programme that focuses on the professional development of specialty doctors.
The town boasts excellent transport links ensuring a smooth commute to work. A multi-million pound sports centre, top rated golf clubs, major high street chains and a championship football club, are but a few of the ways to spend your quality time within this stunning town.
There are a range of school options for those with families, including grammar and state schools that consistently rate as one of the best in the country. The town is also home to an award-winning university with strong links to the NHS Trust.
Core duties will consist of:
* Enhance the geriatric service and facilitate daily delivery of ortho-geriatric input into the fracture unit.
* Provision with Consultant colleagues of a service to the Trust, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
* Participating in medical audit, the Trust's Clinical Governance processes, and in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
* Take an active role in managing acute emergencies as well as a proactive prevention role.
* Cover for colleagues' annual leave and other authorised absences.
* Review patients where necessary and support a weekly MDT.
* Professional supervision of other junior medical staff.
* Applicants must be on the General Medical Council Specialist Register and continue to hold a Licence to Practise.
* Be able to demonstrate a high level of clinical experience and competence in all aspects of geriatric medicine.
Benefits of working for ID Medical:
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.