We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant in Elderly Medicine for immediate placement in the Shropshire area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Core duties for this position would include:
* Provision with Consultant colleagues of a service to the Trust, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
* Out-of-hours responsibilities, including participation in the Care of the Elderly and General Medical Consultant rota.
* Cover for colleagues' annual leave and other authorised absences.
* Any responsibility that relates to a special interest.
* Professional supervision of other junior medical staff.
* Responsibilities for carrying out teaching.
* Participating in medical audit, the Trust's Clinical Governance processes, and in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
* Involvement in research (where applicable).
* Managerial, including budgetary responsibilities where appropriate.
* Qualified doctor
* Valid GMC registration
Areas we cover in Shropshire include:
* Market Drayton
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent pay rates
* Daily Payroll
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Plenty of Locum shifts for you to choose from; we will no doubt be able to support you in fulfilling your diary.
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
* Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.