We are currently seeking an experienced Stroke Consultant with Interest in Stroke Rehabilitation for immediate placement in the Essex area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Core duties for this position would include:
* To provide high quality inpatient and outpatient services which are coordinated and person-centred to stroke patients.
* To lead and motivate the multidisciplinary team within his/her ward area in order to deliver effective patient-focused interventions and timely discharge planning.
* To create and maintain excellent working relationships with own team, management team and external agencies such as community providers and CCGs. This includes effective communication in line with the Trust values (Respectful, Caring, Responsible and Committed).
* To engage fully in development of services to meet the future challenges of stroke care.
* To lead on and drive forward innovations within service area.
* To support consultant colleagues in the department in the delivery of their services where necessary.
* The post holder will be a member of the Medical Healthcare Group and will be expected to participate in the activities of the directorate as indicated.
* To be responsible for the supervision of junior medical staff in areas of responsibility as set out in the job plan.
* To cover out-of-hours responsibilities, including participation in the General Medical on call rotas as agreed in the job plan.
* To provide cover for consultant colleagues' annual leave as indicated
* Qualified doctor
* Valid GMC registration
Areas we cover in Essex include:
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.